Late Night Drives (CNCO- Chris)

Something about late night drives had always felt so intimate to you. Maybe it was the way the lights lit up the night sky or maybe it was the quiet hum of a car occasionally passing by you. Either way, you weren't too sure. All you knew was that it was something you longed to experience. Driving through the empty streets with music playing softly through the speakers and your significant other holding your hand or maybe even resting it on your thigh.

It was something you always saw on shows and and in movies but never something you got to experience first hand. Maybe that's why you got so nervous after your first date with him. He had taken you out to dinner at a local cafe before you pulled up to a drive in movie. They were showing a simple love story about a man falling in love with his childhood best friend. When it was over, he drove you back home. Your hand in his as his other hand controlled the steering wheel.

The soothing sound of the radio playing quietly as the two of you sat in a comfortable silence. Soon enough that became your thing. Late night drives to the store, late night drives to clear your heads, late night drives just to feel the wind. Every excuse you could find for a late night drive was a good enough excuse for the two of you. It was something special that you two shared. No one was allowed to join in on these small adventures. Just the two of you and the night sky.

Maybe that's why you refused to drive alone at night when he was away on tour. It just didn't feel the same without him there. It was lonely and the whole atmosphere felt off. Nothing could fix that feeling until one day you found out that the two of you were expecting a child together.

That was the day when finally someone new was allowed in on your late night adventures. When you couldn't sleep due to the uncomfortable things that came with pregnancy, you would wake Chris up and the two of you would go drive together. You usually ended up back at the cafe where you had your first date before driving back home and eating your meal together sat down at your kitchen island. 

Throughout your entire pregnancy, you would go on drives before bed as a way to calm your mind and relax your body. Your baby could be kicking and moving around like crazy but once the car started driving, they would immediately settle down and give you some peace. 

There was just something so intimate about the whole experience. Most people probably thought of it as a regular thing to do with nothing special but it was different for you guys. Your lives were so hectic especially because he was a well known latin artist. It seems like you couldn't get any peace except for in your house but now late night drives were another way for you guys to have some.

"Chris, do you think things will be different once the baby arrives?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, when we go on our drives or when you have to travel for work. What are we going to do?"

"We'll keep doing what we've been doing. Of course things we be hard especially leaving the two of you home alone but we'll do our best and that's all we can do."

"I'm just worried I'll be a terrible mom. What if they're crying and I don't know what they want? What if I can't comfort them? What happens when I need you but you're across the world?"

"Whenever you need me, no matter what just give me a call. Even if we're in the middle of a show, I will drop everything ok? If you need me to fly home to you at any time, just tell me and I'll do it."

"I love you Chris. I couldn't ask for a better person to have a baby with."

"I love you too. Thank you for keeping our baby safe and making me a father."