Sunshine Angel With A Halo On- requested by Elena (CNCO- Joel)

A/N: Fun fact, I actually won a signed beach ball from this music video! Anyways hope you enjoy this!

Joel had never known what true love was. Of course he knew what it was like to love and be loved by his friends and family but romantic love was different. He watched as everyone around him seemed to find their soulmates and fall in love while he was stuck in what felt like a perpetual cycle of singleness.

It was the middle of summer and he somehow got dragged to a barbecue with his bandmates and friends. They were in the middle of nowhere with food being cooked, drinks being handed out and kids running around. It was like a big party full of people he loved but there were also new people who had been brought by friends.

He was sitting on a lawn chair by the grill while he watched as Aaliyah ran around playing with the other kids before she ran over to you. Joel observed you carefully as he had never seen you before but Aaliyah seemed completely comfortable with you nonetheless. Joel knew you had to be a friend of Richard's because Aaliyah was never one to feel comfortable around strangers. I mean it took almost 2 years for her to be fully comfortable with him and the rest of the boys.

Joel wasn't sure what had really kept his eyes on you but there was something that drew him to you. It was like a wave of newness washed over him as he watched you smile and talk to various groups of people. It was like you lit up the whole party just with your smile and your presence.

Your style stood out from everyone else with your flowy white off-the-shoulder top and light wash cut off jeans. You looked like an angel to him as the sun shined down on you and made you look like you were glowing. Sure he knew golden hour was a thing but he had never seen it look so beautiful until he saw it shine on you. He was left speechless as he watched you smile down at Aaliyah who was busy telling you a story. It wasn't until you looked up and caught his eye that Joel quickly diverted his eyes and noticed Richard. He was embarrassed that he got caught staring at you but he couldn't help it. Everything about you was drawing him in and he couldn't say that he hated the affect you had on him.

"Hey, who's that girl over there?" Joel asked Richard as he was walking passed.

"Who? Y/n? She's an old friend of mine. She looks after Aaliyah when something comes up or I can't find a babysitter. Why?" Richard responded as he took the seat next to Joel.

"I've never seen her around before."

"She's usually busy with school and work so she can't always make it to parties and stuff."

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Joel said before getting up and making his way over to the beautiful girl sharing a plate of fruit with Aaliyah.

"Hey, I'm Joel. I'm one of Richard's bandmates and one of Aaliyah's uncles." he introduced himself.

"I know, I was just asking Aaliyah who the guy by her dad was because he kept staring at me." she said jokingly.

That was the first time Joel had heard her laugh and he was immediately hooked on the sound. He never knew a laugh could sound like home but here he was talking to a complete stranger who he has already fallen in love with. Joel had never believed in love at first sight but after meeting Y/n, maybe he does believe in it.

The two of you kept talking and before you knew it, you had to leave for work. You quickly made your rounds and said goodbye to everyone before hopping in your car and driving away. Joel was left standing under a tree with a goofy smile on his face. He couldn't believe he was lucky enough to meet someone as sweet and genuine as you.

Once Joel had calmed down, he realized that he never got your number. Yes he could have gotten it from Richard but it wasn't the same as asking your for it on his own. You were gone in a flash and now he was stuck looking back at where your car had previously been parked.

"How was it? The two of you seemed to talk all day long." Richard asked as he leaned against the tree next to Joel.

"She was like...yeah...I don't know how to explain it. You know that moment after a show when your adrenaline is pumping and you're dying of heat? Then you run backstage and chug a bottle of ice cold water? Like lemonade on a hot sunny day in Tennessee or like a summer breeze all day long? She was just so refreshing and from the moment my eyes saw her, I couldn't stop looking back over at her. When I heard her laugh, it was like my heart was under attack. I just need her in my life." Joel explained.

"I think you got it bad. Lucky for you, she told me to give you her number before she left. Don't screw this up."