Some Things Can't Be Replaced (PM- Nick)

This year for Christmas you decided that before everyone flew home for the holidays you would have a friends Christmas with your boyfriend Nick and the rest of Prettymuch. The two of you would tackle the food, Edwin and Austin are in charge of decorations, and Brandon & Zion would be in change of the music. Even though you were celebrating at their place, you made sure the boys didn't enter the kitchen and spoil the surprise that would be dinner. You wouldn't say you were a terrible cook but you're also not a professional either so this would be the first time you tackled cooking a big meal like this. Nick had also never done this before so you two could only hope for the best as you try to make a Christmas worthy meal for everyone.

"Ok babe the first thing we need to do is go buy food cause you guys don't cook for shit and only have eggs and prepackaged foods which won't do." you said while putting on your shoes and grabbing Nicks hand to drag him along with you.

"Are you sure we can't work with what we got?" he whined as he grabbed his car keys and threw his shoes on.

"Nick, if you think spam is a suitable replacement for turkey than this is going to be a very long day."

"I was thinking we could use those breakfast sausage patties actually."

You stopped in your tracks and turned to face him to see if he was being serious. Unfortunately for you, he was definitely being serious with the guilty smile he was wearing. You shook your head at him and made you way to the passenger side door and buckling yourself in before Nick took off to the store.

The two of you walked around the store picking up potatoes, brussel sprouts (yes you are making them eat their greens), cake and everything else you needed for the dinner. The only thing left was the turkey. You guys had walked around the entire store but you still couldn't find any turkeys, just chickens.

"I think we're gonna have to get something to replace the turkey babe. You sure the spam won't work? Or the sausage patties?"

"Nick, that's definitely not an option. Let's just get two chickens and we can apply all the spices and stuff that were gonna put on the turkey." 

You guys finally got everything you needed and went back to the Prettymuch house to start cooking everything up. When you got home you put Nick on prep duty which consisted of cleaning and chopping the vegetables for you to cook. You started on seasoning the chickens before putting them in the fridge to marinate before helping Nick on the veggies. You knew that getting the boys to eat all the veggies would be a challenge so you were determined to make them taste amazing. 

You found recipes online that sounded really good and the photos looked really appetizing so you hoped they lived up to your expectations. You minced the garlic, melted the butter and added spices before mixing the vegetables in it and putting it in the oven to slowly roast. While you were doing that, Nick was boiling the potatoes for the mashed potatoes. It was a simple enough task that so he was left to his own devices. You told him everything he would need and off he went.

After hours of cooking and telling the rest of the boys to stop trying to sneak a peak, the food was finally cooked and ready to be served. The boys sat around the table with fairy lights strung around the room and a full decorated Christmas tree in the corner of the living room. Soft Christmas carols played in the background as Simba lazily slept on Zions lap at the table. You and Nick brought out the food and placed it on the table before everyone said wha they were thankful for and you all dug into the food.

The table was full of chatter and laughs as everyone talked about their plans with their families. Everyone was so excited to go home and see their families and it only made you happier to hear their joy. The boys enjoyed the food and even ate all the vegetables which you honestly didn't expect but hoped would happen.

"You know, there's nothing like spending the holidays together with you guys. Even if we don't get to spend the actual day together. There are just some things that can't be replaced and this is one of them." you said as everyone was enjoying their dessert.

"Love you babe. I'm glad you could spend Christmas with us. Thanks for doing most of the cooking and stopping me from serving spam and breakfast sausage patties to everyone."

"You what? Dude thank God for Y/n cause I ain't eating that shit for Christmas." Zion said as he stopped Simba from eating the cake.

All the boys nodded in agreement as they laughed at Nicks idea of a Christmas dinner. 

-----------------------------