Dealing With Hate requested by Luna (CNCO- Joel)

You knew that dating Joel wouldn't be easy

You knew that dating Joel wouldn't be easy. You would have to spend months apart, constantly being followed by cameras, millions of eyes watching your every move and of course all the hate that comes with dating someone in the spotlight.

What you didn't expect, was to get the amount of hate that you would receive on a daily basis. Everything from your height, hair colour, weight, clothes and even your name. If they could find a connection to you and hate on it, they would. You worked hard to ignore the comments and it was something Joel always reminded you to do but sometimes you just couldn't help it. In your mind, you knew that at the end of the day you were the one who ends up cuddling with Joel in bed but it didn't make the rumours or the comments hurt any less.

He chose you for a reason but on days like today, you just couldn't figure out what the reasons were. You know he loves you and would give you the world if he could but it was hard to remember that as you scrolled through all the hate comments on your most recent post. You had just posted a photo of the two of you celebrating your 2 year anniversary but apart from your close friends, family and a handful of supportive fans, the entire comment section was flooded with hate.

You were so caught up in the comments and the negative feelings running through your head, you didn't even notice Joel sneaking up behind you on the bed. He sat down behind you and took a look to see what had you so distracted before a look of anger washed over his face. Joel wrapped an arm around your waist and rested his head on your shoulder before grabbing the phone out of your hand.

"What are you doing? I thought we agreed not to read the comments anymore. All they ever do is cause pain and negativity."

"I know Joel. I just can't help it sometimes."

"I know how hard it is but I want you to focus on the things that make you happy. Post what you want and ignore all the hate. What we have is far stronger than the words they type behind the safety of a username. I love you and you love me so that's all that matters."

"I'm always here for you. If I'm beside you or across the world, you call my name and I'm all yours. I will always be here for you when the hate gets too much. I will drop whatever I'm doing to make you feel loved alright?"

You nodded your head and looked into his eyes. He always knew the right things to say in order to make you happier. It was like some sort of secret super power he had hidden from the world.

"Now let's lay down and watch your favourite movie ok? We can stay in bed for as long as you want. We'll turn off our phones after ordering takeout and just stay here all day."

-----------------------------

A/N: Sorry this is on the shorter side. I've been struggling with motivation and a bit of writers block lately. I hope you enjoyed it though!