15

Finn's POV

"I fucked up," I grumbled lying on the couch in the lounge area on set. I had gotten back into my own attire--sweatpants and a long sleeve--and was waiting for Wyatt to hurry is ass up.

"What happened now?" He didn't seem too interested but was still being polite.

"Well," should I tell him I kissed Jack? No, that was too complicated, "Me and Jack got in a fight again."

Wyatt looked at me through the mirror and raised a brow, "trouble in paradise?" he teased.

I scoffed, "no it was nothing like that," it was everything like that, "I was just trying to uh talk to him," smooth, "and I think he took it the wrong way and I said something I shouldn't have and now he's pissed."

"Dude, stop being so dramatic," Wyatt joked, "Everyone has been in a bad mood today, stressed and tired and all. Come tomorrow you guys will be besties again."

"I'm not being dramatic," I defended, "I just..." I thought over what I was going to argue (I just kissed Jack because I was confused and then made him believe it was a joke), "...am being dramatic."

I laughed. Fake laughed, but I was an actor so it was quite convincing.

Wyatt rolled his eyes, "look dude, just go apologize to him if its really bothering you."

I nodded.

"Well?"

"Well what?" I asked.

"Are you going to stop moping on the couch and go apologize to you're bestie?"

"Right," I said and got up to leave.

"Let me know when you guys have made up and kissed," he joked.

I left quickly so he didn't catch the blush apparent on my cheeks.

-----

I was walking around the empty set, hoping to catch Jack before he left.

I saw some red hair sticking out from behind a set piece, maybe Sophia knew where Jack was. I started walking towards her and then stopped when I heard her talking to someone.

"Hey," she was speaking softly, "it's okay."

I heard someone hyperventilating.

I felt bad for eavesdropping, but then I heard the person talk at last, "I just..." It was Jack.

He sounded awful.

"I just hate him."

My heart was aching, Jack was in so much pain. I finally made myself known and walking behind the set piece as well, "Jack?"

He was shaking into Sophia's arms.

"Jack?" I tried again.

He still didn't answer, so I looked to Sophia. She looked worried.

"Sophia, is he okay?"

She glanced at Jack and then back at me, "Finn, I really don't think-"

Jack cut her off and removed himself from her arms, "Finn, I'm switching rooms. I'm going to stay with Sophia."

I realized right then that I was feeling more than platonic feelings for my best friend as my heart stopped.

I felt numb.

And then I felt angry, angry at myself.

"Sounds fucking fantastic." I spat at him.

I only wanted to feel the angry, to mask my hurt, "Have fun you two."

I turned to walk away, but I was pretty sure I had caught tears in Jack's eyes.

It made me happy to know he was just at hurt as me, but I hated myself for it.

Screw apologizing to Jack, I was going to focus all of my attention on hating him.

-----

oof.

that was rough.

I'm quite pumped though because I found out this book is #37 in the 'reddie' tag.

Like.....I can't believe this book is actually being read and enjoyed by people.

I started this book because I needed to escape from a pretty dark place and writing is something I knew could distract me.

Thank you bunches for the support!