24

Jack's POV

I was pretty good at poker. I had played only two times before but had always come out ahead. Meaning I still had ten candy bars and a promised scoop of ice cream.

"Jack?" I snapped my head up, Finn was looking at me cutely--quizzically.

I looked at my hand and then at the cards, then I nodded and hit my knuckles on the floor.

Finn kept staring at me. I was definitely distracted by it. I could see out of the corner of my eyes whenever a mess of black curls turned in my directly. I tried not to notice the way he was biting his lip. I tried to stay focused on winning this game, but I knew I would lose.

He was so fucking beautiful.

God I hate myself.

I needed to focus on something else, I shifted my eyes to the right of Finn. Jaeden and Wyatt were awfully close.

The more I thought of it, they had been awfully close a lot recently.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but I was definitely suspicious. Maybe I will play detective...

"Jack are you going to play?" Sophia remarked, "Or are you going to just stare into space the whole time."

I laughed nervously and muttered, "sorry."

Everyone sniggered making me turn red and glance up to meet Finn's eyes across the way.

"Are you okay?" he mouthed to me. I just shrugged in response.

Finn rolled his eyes, "this game is so fucking boring!" he whined, "can we do something else, please?"

Typical Finn, I laughed to myself.

"Well what do you want to do instead?" Sophia seemed shorter than usual. She had been for the last couple of days though.

Make out.

I mean....nope, make out.

I glanced at Finn slyly, he looked deep in thought.

"Truth or Dare," Chosen blurted it out. Then he gave me a look of suspicion.

Jaeden laughed, "sure, just like the movie."

I could feel people cautiously glance at me and Finn.

I shrugged, "sounds fun." Then I looked towards Chosen, he was smirking.

"Chosen goes first," Finn says, "those be the rules."

"Great," came his reply, "Jaeden, truth or-"

"Dare!" Jaeden interrupted and Finn laughed.

Others were laughing too, but I only wanted to listen to Finn's. It's not like his laugh was a melody or bell or some shit. It was awkward and boisterous and ranged many octaves. And I fucking loved that.

I broke from my daze as Jaeden started shoving ice cubes down his pants. Everyone was wincing, Jaeden had his face all scrunched up in pain.

"That's twenty!" Chosen sang, "your dare is over, your turn to choose."

Jaeden looked around at all of us, then he looked to the boy basically sitting on his lap.

"Well, Wyatt I guess," he poked his cheek, "what's your fate?"

Wyatt giggled, fucking giggled. Before he could answer realization dawned on me.

"Holy shit, you two are fucking!"

------

Ha

ha ha

ha ha. ha ha

ha ha. ha ha. ha ha ha ha

so insecure...

lol I'm tired and this took longer to write than I wanted and the quality is still shitty. Sorry for the wait.

Now this story is #3 in reddie Like um.....'well I didn't know it did that'

Sorry pals, any feedback or requests for drama or scenarios you enjoy? I'm open to suggestions.