26

Finn's POV

Jack called me a slur?

I turned pale and looked at my feet. Was he lying to me this whole time?

"What?!" Jack had broken out of his trance.

"When?" I asked Sophia quietly.

"When what?"

I cleared my throat, there was a lump forming. I didn't want to think for even a second that Jack had been playing me this whole time. Trying to get back at me by pulling a grand scheme since he thought I was belittling his acting.

"When did he say," my voice was shaking, I didn't want to actually say the word I had feared out loud, "when did he say it?"

"So you are gay then?" Chosen asked out of the blue.

I ignored him as Sophia answered a second later, "that night, when he slept in my room."

"He slept in your room?" I asked.

He had played me.

He didn't like me.

He thought I was disgusting.

He was straight, and he liked Sophia.

"Yeah remember," Sophia said softly, she must have noticed my hurt, "he told you he was going to stay in my room and you retorted something hateful which you obviously hadn't meant."

I was trying so hard not to break down and run to my room.

"Finn," Chosen tried again, "are you gay?"

Then I got angry.

Jack was stupid, he thought he could get to me so easily?

I snapped my head up and looked Jack directly in the eyes while answering Chosen, "Fuck no, I'm not homophobic like Jack, but I'm still straighter than him."

It barely made any sense but I stomped to my room in a dramatic exist.

Screw Jack. He sucked.

****

Jack's POV

I watched Finn stomp away, he looked like he was about to cry.

Everyone had turned their attention back on me.

"I'm not homophobic," I whispered, "I was just scared."

I looked into Sophia's eyes and sighed. I was really doing to do this I had thought to myself, "I'm gay."

Silence fell again.

Then Chosen started laughing, "no shit." and everyone joined in.

"Wow," Sophia breathed, "I really read the situation wrong."

"No kidding," I half muttered half joked. I wasn't planning on coming out to my friends any time soon, but the look on Finn's face...

"Wait, then what is going on between you and Finn?" Sophia asked.

Shit.

I definitely couldn't tell the truth, but lying to them caused more drama.

"Well um..."

"It's the other way around!" Sophia exclaimed, "Finn's the homophobic one!"

Really?

"No one's homophobic," I said, "we just are having a stupid argument. He doesn't know I'm gay," lying was way easier than telling the truth I had realized.

****
3rd Person POV

Chosen was not convinced.

-----

A short chapter I guess. I just felt it was a good place to stop.

Don't get your hopes up for a third chapter being published tonight.