22

Jack's POV

"Are you okay?"

"Like you fucking care," I pushed Sophia away from me.

She looked at me shocked and I instantly felt guilty. I'm not a violent person, I don't push. Not like Finn.

I'm being petty again.

"What does that mean?" she was defensive.

I sighed. I hated being mean, but I was still hurt, "You were literally just snapping insults to me hardly fifteen minutes before Finn pushed me," I looked her directly in the eyes, "you're just sympathizing with the victim, just pick a side."

I pushed past her into the kitchen and started looking for lunch ingredients. Jeremy and Chosen were eating sandwiches.

I looked for sandwich bread only to find the bag empty, "did you two eat the last of the bread?" I asked.

"There's more in the storage closet," said Chosen with his mouth full.

I grumbled--just to be dramatic--and trudged towards the closet.

I faintly heard more conversation, Finn was probably in the kitchen now, as I opened the door and stepped inside the shelved room. It was bigger than most hotel storage closets, but was full of different foods and hygiene products and of course Sophia had her own little bin for products and comfort foods that none of the boys were allowed to touch.

I looked around for bread in the haphazardly stacked items.

"You assholes need to stop hiding the chocolate from me!" Someone shouted and stepped into the closet with me. I hadn't turned on the lights because I had left the door open, but they shut it and we were plunged into darkness.

"For fucks sake," and then there was light.

Finn.

"Oh um," he sputtered, "I didn't realize you were in here."

I laughed, "in the closet? Where else would I be?"

Finn laughed too and a faint blush rose to his cheeks. He cleared his throat, "I'm sorry....about earlier, when I uh...pushed you."

I looked away from his eyes, "It's fine," it came out as a mutter.

"No, it's not," he grabbed my chin and lifted it to face him, "I didn't mean to push you and I'm sorry--"

"Finn it's fine," I argued and tried to step back from him, but the closet was small and I had no where to go.

He just stepped closer to me, "No, the truth is I was scared. I don't want to admit..." he sighed.

"No shit." I spat, "I'm just as scared, I don't want them to know either," my voice was rising, "so really, when I say I'm fine, I am. I don't need you to apologize to me because I am in the exact same situation." I looked up at him, "and the only thing I need you to do right now is fucking kiss me because my ass does fucking hurt a bit."

I had rambled, but I was honest and confident. And I was sick of the misunderstandings between us.

He swept me into his arms and kissed me.

Thank fucking god.

It was cheesy, but I was literally craving this. Today had been so complicated and stressful and it was hardly noon. The makeup session we had was not enough.

But this was.

Then Finn started laughing.

I pushed him from my lips and raised a brow.

"It's just," he chortled, "this is so insane," he laughed harder, "I'm making out with my former best friend--male best friend--in a storage closet," his smile was so big and vibrant, "we are literally being so gay while hiding inside the literal and figurative closet."

Shit. Our friends were waiting out in the kitchen wondering what was going on in here.

"Shit you're right," I said aloud, then I kissed his lips softly and ruffled his hair, "we need to cover this up somehow..."

------

I literally loved writing them in a closet, I'm the worst.

FYI I am superrr excited because I get to watch IT on Halloween since I recorded it for my horror movie marathon.

I don't technically count IT as a horror movie, don't judge, I think of it as a comfort movie. I'm honestly not sure why..... Maybe I just reading the subtle gay between Richie and Eddie....

what evs.