Chapter 5

'WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM YOU JERK!?" I screamed at Evan.

His mouth dropped open and he sat staring at me wide eyed in his boxers. 'I- I-'

'Ugh, I hate you.' I groaned.

'I'm sorry?' He tried.

Avalon laughed behind me, 'That's not gonna cut it buddy.'

My mom walked into the kitchen calmly, a worried looking Robert behind her.

'What's the matter? I heard yelling.' Rob looked between us.

My mother smiled and gently patted his back, 'Someone probably just finished the peanut butter, Reggie's addicted to the stuff.'

I pointed an accusing finger at Evan, 'He did it!'

'Well I didn't know!' He defended himself. 'I promise to buy you a new container on my way home from school.

'That doesn't help me now.' I ranted.

Avalon gently patted his shoulder, 'Good luck and uh, keep an eye on her or you'll end up with more pink clothes.'

He looked confused for a second and then his jaw dropped for the second time today, 'That was you!?'

'Nope.' I grabbed a pancake off his plate and ran up to my room as he yelled after me.

Sliding the new lock closed I grabbed a random pair of jeans and a top from the bags of new clothes. The shopping bags are still in the corner of my room.

I roughly yanked on the ripped up black jeans, damn these things are super skinny! It's almost uncomfortable. The shirt I'd picked up was a black crop top. With skinny jeans? Um, no.

I found a soft grey tank top and slipped it on. It fit nicely, loosely clinging to me. I added a pair of dark grey flat pumps and a black headband with grey poka dots. I love poka dots.

On my way downstairs I stuffed my leather jacket into my black backpack, I might need it later since I'm not sure how the weather here changes.

I rode to school with Evan and Avalon, they sat in front chatting while I gave him the silent treatment from the back seat. He only got me to talk to him when we stopped at a coffee shop where Evan bought me and Avalon peanut and raisin scones. The boy knows how to brown nose, I'll give him that.

Ridge Mount High was just like any other high school, big buildings, teenagers all over and annoyed looking adults. Prison sweet prison.

Evan smiled at us as we entered the school, 'We'll get your schedules now so I'll have to introduce you to people at lunch.

'Sure.' Avalon grinned and followed him happily.

I pretty much blanked the two of them on the way to the office and barely checked my schedule just fining out where my first class was. I knew none of my classes would be with Avalon since she's been put in all the advanced classes.

I decided to find my class early, not feeling like making small talk with the jock/player and my sister. I had Math first, nice way to start a Monday right?

I think not.

The class was already open, a boy with crazy curly hair sat at the back with his nose in a text book. He had broad shoulders and his hair reminded me of Harry Styles except this guy had pitch black hair.

'Hey, is this math, grade 12?'

He jumped at the sound of my voice and shot up in his seat, 'Yeah.'