Chapter 12

Monday morning's lessons went by in a whirlwind of not paying attention and trying to sneak M&Ms under the desk while the teachers drilled on about unimportant crap. It really was boring as all hell but I did eat two packets of the yummy chocolates.

'Hello idiots.' I said plonking down between Calum and Luke.

'Hi Reggie.'

'How do you know I'm not Avalon?'

Luke rolled his eyes, 'You called us idiots.'

'Right. Anyway, seen my sister anywhere?'

'She's over there.' Calum pointed to where Avalon and Liam were standing in line to get their lunch.

'I thought you didn't want her anywhere around him?' Luke asked.

'Someone needs to tell her that, she likes him and pretty much begged me to give him a chance.'

'She pulled the puppy dog face, didn't she?' Luke asked.

'Yep.'

They both laughed at me as I spotted Evan heading over to the table with two lunch trays.

'Oh, and we're having a Halloween party this weekend, Saturday at like seven in the evening. Spread the word to the popular peoples.' I smirked as they got all excited over the idea of a party.

Evan slid a tray in front of me, two slices of pizza, a giant peanut butter cookie and a can of coke.

'I love you big step brother.'

He laughed at me, 'I know. Did you tell 'em about the party?'

Luke and Calum answered at the same time, 'YES!'

I swapped seats with Calum so the boys could discuss the party and decide on costumes, Avalon sat across the table with Liam chatting and giggling.

I noticed Demi didn't have anyone to talk to since the guys were all ignoring her and the girls didn't seem interested in talking to the poor girl. I know she's a year below us but I don't really get why they won't talk to her.

'Hey Demi.' I said sweetly.

'Oh, hi Reggie.' She said surprised.

'I was wondering why none of the girls were talking to you?'

'Oh, they uh, they think I'm after their boyfriends. They assume I'm a jerk like my brother. ' She said sadly.

I noticed her eyes drift to Evan.

'They shouldn't judge you like that Dem, Hey, we're having a Halloween party this weekend. Do you want to come?'

'I don't know, I wouldn't even know what to wear or what to go as and-'

'Come over early!' I suddenly had an idea, 'You, Avalon and I can get ready together, it'll be fun.'

Her face brightened like I'd just given her the best news ever, 'Really? You don't mind helping me?'

'I'd love to, I'll get you an outfit online too if you want. Oh, your costume can be a surprise!'

Demi suddenly hugged me, 'Thank you! I know everyone thinks I'm just Zayn's slutty little sister but I'm really not like that!' She squeezed me and let go.

'No problem and I don't think of you like that, neither does Avalon.'

The bell rang so I said my good byes and hurried off to my next class, Art. It's my first art class since I skipped the first one, the same day the Zayn drama happened. The class was filled with long work tables covered in A4 paper, canvas, paint cans, brushes and random bits. It looked like a bomb went off in here.

'Woah.' I paused at the door.

'I know what you're thinking and yes, it's supposed to look like that.' I whipped around to face the curly haired guy that Zayn had tried to beat up. He was also in my first class, I think.

'Oh, thanks... uh.'

'Alex. And you're Reggie or Avalon? One of Evan's step sisters.'

'Reggie. The bitchy one.'

He grinned, 'Nice, wanna be my art partner? I can catch you up, least I can do after the Zayn thing.'

'Sure, um, where are we supposed to sit?'

'Anywhere, you could sit on the ceiling and the teacher wouldn't mind.'

'Cool,' I headed toward the back table and took a seat on the long bench, Alex sat next to me with a small smile.

'So, we're supposed to be drawing our partner's portrait.'

I scoffed, 'I can't draw to save my life.'

A goofy grin broke across his face, 'Neither can I.' He paused and his eyebrows furrowed, 'What? Why're you looking at me like that?'

'Um, that's the first time I've seen you smile for real.'

'Okay... You do remember we've only met a few times right?'

'Yeah, well, shut up and lets draw some crappy portraits.' I grumbled.

He Friggin laughed at me.

"Death's got an invisibility cloak?' Harry interrupted again. 'So he can sneak up on people.' Said Ron. 'Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..." -J.K. Rowing, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows