Chapter 14

Alex stopped his car outside my house and I looked up at the big empty building, it was slightly daunting. You know when you move into a new house but it doesn't really feel like your HOME for a few weeks? It's like a stranger's place.

'Alex, can I ask another favour?'

'You can ask.' He grinned happily.

'No one's home and it's a little spooky in there on my own, do you wanna have a movie marathon or something?'

'can I pick the movies?'

'Sure.' I laughed as we got out of the truck, Alex easily lifted my motor bike and set it on the ground, wheeling it up to the garage which I opened for him.

We headed inside and I led him up to the second floor, he poked his head into Avalon's room, 'This your room, feminine.'

'No, that's Avalon's room, mine is up here.' I took his hand and pulled him up to the attic room.

'Damn, this in one fucking cool room.' He said taking it all in.

'Thanks, it's the biggest so I took it and I can lock myself in.' I laughed.

'Always a bonus.'

'Pick a movie smarty pants.' I pointed at the shelf full of moves.

Adam put in the first Harry Potter movie and sat on the edge of my bed. I lay against the pillows and smiled.

'You can get comfortable if you want, there's a whole bed.'

'You don't mind?'

'Well I'm pretty sure you're not gonna rape me so get comfortable.' I yanked on the back of his shirt so he flopped down on the bed, laughing.

'God, you're something else Reggie.'

'Something good or something bad?'

'I don't know yet.' He said in a way that meant the conversation was over and we were going to watch the movie now.

***

I felt warm, comfortable and overall snuggly. Opening my eyes I realized I was half on top of Alex, his arms around me, holding me close in his sleep. I can't even remember who fell asleep first, probably me. Alex is just so soft and warm, like a big, breathing pillow.

I just called Alex a pillow.

Well... No need for him to know about that particular thought.

I couldn't find it in me to wake up Alex and it was already dark outside my window so I just closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep in his warm embrace. I've never had guy friends but I know that this is not exactly normal for friends.

I don't care.

Alex is the first guy that's ever tried to be my friend instead of trying to bed me. Luke and Calum don't really count because they're Evan's friends, Liam likes Avalon and Zayn... well he did ask me out in an asshole-like way. He's not someone I should call a friend, my better judgement tells me to run from him.

***

I woke up to the sun burning my eyes and Alex's strong arms wrapped tightly around me.

'Alex?'

'Alex?'

'Wake up?'

I poked his face and he flinched, his green eyes opening. They were a darker shade than mine and much nicer in my opinion.

'Hey, we fell asleep.'

'Damn.' He sat up taking me with him since I was half on top of him. 'I should call my dad so he doesn't worry.'

'Right, yeah. I'm gonna go grab some breakfast, I'll get you some.' Damn, I'm so stupid. I should have realized someone might be worried about him if he didn't come home last night.

'Thanks Reg.'

I headed down to the kitchen and grabbed a few granola bars only to hear my mother clear her throat, 'Hi?'

'Why was there a boy in your room?'

'Uh, that's Alex.' I noticed Avalon, Evan and Robert were all pretending not to listen, 'He spilled a ton of paint on me at school and gave me a ride home so my bike wasn't messed up. We fell asleep watching a movie.'

'Alright but I don't want a repeat of what happened before.'

She was referring to the hundreds of boyfriends I had due to the fact that I was always out with my dad.

'Moooom, he's just a friend.'

I quickly headed back to my room, Alex was sitting on the bed throwing his phone up in the air. I dumped my granola bar stash on the bed and opened one.

'I was thinking I could give you a ride to school, it'll be easier than taking your bike and I'm guessing Evan will take you home?'

'Yeah, that sounds cool.' Mentally doing a happy dance because I like his car.. and maybe I want to spend some more time around him.

He tore open a bar and ate it in two bites.

'Damn, you have a big mouth.' I laughed.

He opened his mouth to show me the content.

'Yuck. Now turn around.'

Alex did as he was told and I stripped off his shirt tossing it on my bed and pulling on a longish purple top over the tights, my dark purple tommies and a thick bangle.

"You can look.'

He turned around, 'Pretty. Do I look hot?' He asked in a fake high voice.

His black skinny jeans and dark grey shirt made me want to say yes, 'Come on prima-donna, I don't want to be late.' I paused, 'Well I do but that's not the point.

As soon as we got to school I knew something was up by the worried looks on Luke and Calum's faces. Alex had his arm slung over my shoulders again as we walked over to my friends, he was silent as I approached them.

'Hey,' I hugged Calum,

And directed my question at Luke, 'What's the matter?'

'Firstly, just the messenger but, uh, Zayn's parents pulled some shit and long story short his suspension was shortened to two days. He's back and out for revenge. I think.'

Shit.

'I can handle him.' I looked over at Liam, 'Keep Zayn away from my sister please?'

'Anything for you Reggie.' He joked and I laughed along. It feels almost weird knowing that I can count on these three guys not only as friends but also to look out for my innocent little twin.

Now I just have to figure out Alex.

"You've got about as much charm as a dead slug."―Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games