Chapter 13

'ARRGGGHHH! Shit!' I screamed.

Alex had tripped with a tin of bubble gum green paint and landed right on top of me, the paint covered us both and his heavy body was kinda crushing me.

'You basturd.' I groaned from underneath him.

'Hey, at least it's not pink.' He grinned.

'I hate you.'

Before he could respond the teacher was standing over us, 'I'll call a janitor, you'll have to go home and get cleaned up,' She seemed to have a second thought, 'You might as well stay home.'

'Okay, thanks. You wanna get off me?'

'Oh, right. Sorry!' He quickly got up and held out his hand to me.

'Thanks.'

Alex started chuckling as soon as we were out in the hall way, 'You look good in green.'

I wiped my hand down my shirt collecting a pool of paint in my hand and rubbed it In his hair. 'So do you. You should get high lights.'

Alex rolled his eyes, 'Shut it and there's more paint on you than me.'

He was right, my crop top meant my stomach was covered in paint as well as the shirt and jeans. Although his t-shirt and jeans were just as green as mine, his hair was worse than mine.

'Touché'

He chuckled, 'I'm gonna have to put a towel down in my car so I don't mess up the seats though.' He grinned.

'Shoot, my bike's gonna be so messed up.' I can't exactly put a towel over my motorbike seat, I'll either slip off or the towel will.

'Um, if you want I can give you a ride. You can clean up at my place and I'll bring your bike over.' He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

'What? Seriously? Thanks!' On instinct I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug.

'Hey, If I knew you'd be so happy I'd have offered sooner.'

I let go of him and tried not to laugh at how much paint I'd smudged on his upper-body, 'Um, how am I gonna get my bike if you drive me?'

He pointed across the parking lot, 'That's my dad's car, I'm using to today.' It was a four seated bukkie with an open bed back to store things.

'You're lifting the bike up in there.' I smirked.

'Figured. Where'd you park?'

I pointed.

'Cool, I'll wheel it over while you get some towels out of the back seat?'

'Sure.'

He headed off to my bike while I found the dark blue towels in the back seat, they were fairly big so I could drape them over the front seats without a problem. By the time Alex was done getting my bike in the back I was sitting in the passenger seat picking paint out of my hair. The ride to Alex's house was quiet but not uncomfortable because we had the radio on to break the silence.

He led me through the house up to his room on the second floor, there were star wars posters on his walls and a huge poster of Emma Watson as Hermione.

'My bathroom's through there.' He pointed. Why does everyone have their own bathroom and I have to share with Evan.

'Thanks, um I've got some tights in my bag and I guess my top will have to do.' I shrugged.

'Here,' He opened a draw and fished out a t-shirt, sniffed it and handed it over, 'That one's clean.'

'Thanks... again.' I headed into the bathroom to find the biggest shower in the world.

Huge glass double doors with a smokey pattern and beautiful gold handles, different knobs covered one wall inside it as well as a metal shelf filled with shampoo, liquid soap, scented oils and sponges.

I popped my head out the door, 'I love your shower! This is gonna take a while since I'll never want to leave it! So yeah, patience is a virtue.'

'Have fun, I'm gonna use another bathroom. If you pass me your clothes I'll put them in the wash with mine.'

'Oh, sure. Give me a sec.' I went behind the door, stripped and opened the door an inch. Standing behind the door so he couldn't see me I handed over my crop top and jeans. Luckily there was no paint on my underwear, Alex seeing my lacy undies would be too embarrassing

'Thanks.'

'Stop thanking me, I really don't mind and hell, it was my fault.' Alex laughed.

After at least an hour in Alex's shower, using most of his vanilla shower gel, lots of apple shampoo and so much hot water I was surprised it hadn't run out, I ended up sadly getting out and drying off on one of the fluffy red towels.

I miss the shower already.

My black tights fit snugly but they were comfortable and Alex's big grey shirt was soft on my skin. It smelt like vanilla and aftershave. I love it when guys smell of anything other than alcohol, cigarettes or sweat.

Alex wasn't in his room so I wondered out into the hallway, I walked past a master bedroom, probably his parents and what looked like an art room with paint and easels. The last door was closed, curiosity clawed at me but I had enough self-control not to open the door.

'Hey?' I jumped a foot in the air as Alex came up behind me, 'Woah, relax.'

'Sorry, I didn't hear you come up.'

'It's fine, curious what's in there.' He pointed to the door.

'No, I was just looking for you.' How did he know that.

'Uh huh, you want me to drive you home? You look a little like you're in pajama's.' He chuckled.

'You don't mind?'

'Come on Reg.' He slung an arm over my shoulder and for once I didn't mind someone other than Avalon calling me Reg.

"So what! I'm still a rockstar, I got my rock moves, and I don't need you!"―Pink