Chapter 11

Zayn ended up being suspended for a week while I just received a silly note in my permanent file. I would have preferred the week off school to be honest.

My mom and Robert spent the weekend trying to distract Avalon and I from what happened while Evan seethed over the fact that Zayn only got a week off. He sulked in his room and only came out for meals until Robert dragged him out to go swimming on Sunday afternoon.

He pretty much bribed him with a new soccer ball and told Avalon and I to head back to the pool as well. It was pretty funny watching him try not to be happy about swimming in the new pool when he was the one that had practically begged for it.

Evan ended up cannon balling into the pool in his blue and green swimming trunks with a grin on his face while I hid behind my towel and Avalon squealed.

'Watch it with the water Evan!' I yelled trying to straighten my plain black bikini so it was more comfortable.

'Never! Now come swim!' He roared from the pool.

'Nope, I'm getting a tan.' I said stretching out on my towel on the soft grass.

'Boring.' Avalon grinned sitting on the edge of the pool with her legs in the water.

She was wearing a light pink one piece with white lace swim shorts, it looked pretty with her black hair and pale skin. Avalon doesn't try to tan like I do, I think she's just given up on being anything but deathly pale.

'You're not even in the pool.' I countered.

'My legs are.'

'Gee wow.' Evan laughed.

I slowly got up and stood behind Avalon with a smile, 'If you get in then so will I.'

'I don't think so.'

'Fine.' I walked over to the other side of the pool and grabbed a lilo to float on, it was one of those big pink see-through floaty mattress things. 'If anyone pushes me in I swear I'll get my paintball gun and shoot you. In the damn face.' I added the last bit for Evan's benefit.

'I won't do anything.' He rolled his eyes.

'Sure ya won't.' I pushed the lilo in the pool and carefully got on it making sure I didn't get wet, my hair was in a ponytail so it was out of the way luckily.

'Hey, you know Halloween's next weekend right?'

'Evan, I am not taking you trick or treating.' I quipped sarcastically.

'Ha Friggin ha.' He said dryly while Avalon giggled at us. 'Not what I meant smart ass.'

'Hey, my ass isn't the only smart part of me.'

'Yeah, but it's the only hot part.'

'Hey!' Avalon and I said simultaneously.

'Sorry Avalon but it was a compliment, sort of.'

She splashed him and smirked at his surprised face.

'Damn, don't you start that too.' Evan groaned, 'The only way I know who's who is because she smirks and you don't.' He almost whined.

Avalon had her contact lenses in so that she could swim without worrying about glasses getting wet.

'Oh come on, we're not that hard to tell apart.' I said.

'You do know what identical means right?'

'Yes smart ass but I'm still not taking you trick or treating.'

'Shut up, I think we should throw a Halloween party.'

I sat up, 'Next week? Are you serious, no one would come on such short notice.'

'Uh, hello? Super popular jock over here. I've thrown parties and only invited people the day before.'

'Conceited much?' I snarled.

Avalon laughed at us, 'You've got to get mom and Robert to say yes to all this.'

'No problem, my dad has a case out of town next week, he already said your mom's going with.'

'Why don't I know about this?'

'Yeah, why don't we know?' I agreed with Avalon.

'He only told me like an hour ago, geez women. Now can I have my party or what?'

'Can Liam come?' Avalon asked him with a small smile.

'No.' I answered immediately.

'What? Why not?' She looked surprised.

'I just don't think it's a good idea for you to try dating. Don't deny it, I've seen the way you look at him.'

'You started dating at 14!' She said in surprise. Avalon's never dated so she doesn't understand the fact that boys are only after one thing.

'And that was a mistake, you were smart enough to not date when dad encouraged us to. Be smart now.'

'You haven't even given him a chance! Just let him come to the party. Please?'

I looked over at Evan who'd been surprisingly quiet. He nodded slowly.

'Okay, he can come.'

She squealed, 'Yes! We have to go shopping for costumes!'

'Nooo.' I groaned at the same time as Evan said, 'Hell yeah!'

'Can't I just order one online?'

'You're no fun.' Evan groaned.

'You two ladies can go shopping together after school some time.' I grinned.

'I am NOT a lady.'

"I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is."―Emma Watson