Chapter 23

I slept for most of the plane ride home, when I woke up my hand was entwined with Alex's. It made me smile softly to realize that even in my sleep I found his hand.

As soon as I was cleared through security and into the main lounge Avalon found me, my twin raced towards me and pulled me into a crushing hug. If not for Alex quickly wrapping a supporting arm around my back we'd have both fallen to the floor. In the middle of the airport.

When Avalon finally released me my mother was the next to tug me into a hug, looking over her shoulder I spotted Robert's relived face. He smiled kindly at me and winked, like he knew something had happened between Alex and I.

'Don't ever scare me like that again! I came home and you were gone, I almost flew out to come get you.'

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at my mother, 'I'm sorry I scared you but I did tell Avalon where I was going.'

She narrowed her eyes, 'Next time you feel the need to cross state lines let me know first will you?' She said almost sarcastically through a few tears.

'Sure.' I smiled and let go of my mom.

Robert hugged me next telling me how much he'd missed me and whispering that he was five minutes away from flying out himself. I could see the worry etched into his face even though he tried to brush it off.

'Where's Evan?' I realized he hadn't come to the airport.

'He's back at home waiting for you, we didn't all fit in the car.' Avalon explained.

'Oh.' I was a little disappointed.

'Come on, let's get you home.' Mom wrapped an arm around my shoulders to lead me to the car.

All the way to the car Alex held my hand and grinned, he didn't even complain when we realized it was going to be very squished in the back seat. Mom and Rob sat in front, Av and Alex got in the back and I had to sit on Alex's lap. I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit.

But I think he had more fun... kept pinching my bum.

'Stop that you idiot.' I giggled smacking his arm as I got out of the car.

'Stop what.' He said it so innocently I almost believed him.

Ignoring him I hooked my arm through Avalon's and we headed outside, for some reason she decided to tug me out the back door to the pool. My eyes widened as I realized half the school was out there in costumes having a barbecue. A large welcome home banner tired to a tree explained it though.

'Oh my-'

I was cut off as Evan ran up to us and picked up Avalon with a huge smirk.

'WECOME HOME REG!' He yelled at her.

Of all the times to mix us up he picks now?

'Hey, careful with her! Put her down Evan.' Liam's voice was filled with authority, at least he can tell us apart.

'What?' Evan put her down and groaned, 'I mixed you up, didn't i?'

'Yes you idiot.' I pulled him into a hug, laughing at the poor boy.

'Sorry.'

'It's okay, I think Liam's more annoyed with you than I am.'

'I'm the only one that gets to pick Av up.' Liam said smugly from beside me, his arms wrapped around my little sister.

'You guys are so cute.' I giggled at them.

Alex chose that moment to come up behind me and put his arms around my waist from behind pulling me against his chest. 'Who's so cute?'

Avalon laughed, 'You guys.'

I just rolled my eyes at her.

'We're not cute... We're adorable!' Alex confirmed. Oh lord.

It took me a while to meet everyone in my back yard, some people I already knew and others introduced themselves. I have to say Evan really did throw an amazing welcome home party for me, I was happy enough to even forgive him for hiding things from me. Evan begrudgingly admitted that he'd been dating Demi for two weeks now, I'm never going to stop teasing him about it.

It's weird how Zayn can hate Evan and I so, so much but his little sister can see past it all and be with Evan. If Demi were like her brother she would loathe us but she doesn't, she's just so... sweet. So sweet to everyone even the people she should hate. Life's funny like that sometimes.