Chapter 6

Pic of Luke and Calum on the side. (Jack and Finn Harries)

I didn't say anything to Evan about the kiss but I did tell Avalon. She got the creeps from him, and doesn't want me to go near him.

I think I can handle myself.

Evan made sure I had peanut butter the next morning so I didn't give him the cold shoulder. I'd thrown on normal black jeans and the black crop top I'd rejected yesterday, it's a little cool so I can wear my leather jacket with it and flat boots.

Comfortable and cute.

Evan barged into my room, 'You HAVE TO see what's outside!'

I followed him as he practically ran down the stairs, overly excited. What's gotten into him?

The first thing I saw when I got outside was my mother's frown and Robert's surprised face, Avalon was trying desperately not to laugh at their expense. She pointed to the truck sitting in front of our house, on the flat bed trailer sat a gorgeous motorbike.

Not just any bike though, a BMW K 1300 S with a modified fuel injector system and hydraulics.

Yeah, that's right, one of the most powerful BMW motorbikes around. With an engine output of 129 KW, the curb side weight of 254kg. A dynamic performance bike, adapt to sports riding and boasting outstanding safety features.

My dad made sure I know about bikes, whether I liked it or not. Avalon hated bikes o she managed to avoid that particular education.

'Holy hell, who-'

My mom cut me off, 'Your father called, he said you were having trouble with the move and wanted to make it up to you. Care to explain.'

The message I sent him! Crap. 'No idea what's going on. Is that motorbike seriously mine!?'

I pulled myself up onto the flat bed trailer and began undoing the straps holding it down while the driver rolled his eyes at my impatience.

'There is no way I'm letting you ride that! You've seen all the scars your father has from motorbikes!' Mom looks so pissed.

The driver silently handed me a black helmet from the front seat, a note was inside,

I hope this cheers you up Reggie. If that step brother gives you or Avalon any problems.... You know where to kick the boy. Watch out for yourself and remember to always wear the helmet.

Love Dad.

I grinned and thanked my lucky stars that he'd made me get my bike license at sixteen or else it would have been horrible to have the bike but not be able to use it.

After helping the truck driver get the bike onto the curb I swung my leg over the black and silver bike and straddled the soft leather seat. Robert was looking at me with shock and disbelief, my mom just looked annoyed. Probably because my dad sent the motorbike without asking her. I get the feeling from the look on Evan's face that he wishes he could ride a motorbike instead of me, Avalon, well she was just smiling at the scene.

After kick starting the bike I headed toward school feeling pretty damn cool.

As I entered the school's parking lot the sound of my bike's engine caught the attention of a few people. I realized there were no other motorbikes in the lot, I can't believe I'm the only one. Oh well, let them stare.

I spotted Zayn, Liam, Luke and Calum standing around a car talking so I headed over to the boys, one of the guys pulled me into a bear hug. Well he's friendly.

'You're gonna squish me!' I giggled.

He let go with a smirk, 'Hi! I'm Calum.'

Luke's brother. They're definitely not identical twins. Luke's blond and Calum has dark brown hair with dimples.

'Oh, hi. Nice to meet you Calum.'

Luke came over and gave me a hug, 'Sorry, he likes to hug people.'

Calum knocked him over the head for that, 'Don't apologize for me when I'm not sorry. I'm never sorry.' He had a goofy smile on his face.

I grinned. 'Good to know.'

Liam gently hugged me with a warm smile, 'Good morning Reggie, nice bike.'

'Thanks, Avalon's on her way with Evan.'

His smile widened, 'Great, you coming to the match later?'

'Soccer match?'

He shook his head, 'Luke, Zayn, Evan and I are on the wrestling team. We have our qualifying match after school today.'

'Evan didn't tell me but yeah, I'll be there. Calum doesn't wrestle?'

Luke overheard us and answered, 'My brother? Wrestle? No way, he couldn't hurt a fly.'

So Calum's the softy and Luke's more... tough? I guess that's the word.

'Shut it.' Calum elbowed his brother.

I laughed at their antics and shook my head, Evan's car had just pulled into the parking lot with Avalon in the front seat. At least she wasn't in her pajamas any more.

'Having fun on that bike?' Evan smirked.

'Yep, so why didn't you tell me you wrestle?'

He raised an eyebrow at me as the other boys "OOOOHHHED" and laughed. 'Didn't think you'd be interested.'

'Well I'm coming to watch you.'

'So you do care?' He looked surprised.

'No.' I lied. 'I've got to keep an eye on Avalon, I think she has a crush on your friend Liam.'

'God you're over protective, don't kill her love life before it begins.'

'Love life? Kill me now.'

He chuckled and slung an arm over my shoulders as the bell rang, I watched Avalon gather up her books in a hurry and end up tripping over her own feet.

Her glasses ended up on the floor as she stood still, trying not to step on them. I realized she couldn't see a thing and stepped forward to help but Evan caught my wrist, 'Hold up.'

He pointed to Liam whom was rushing towards my sister. He scooped up her glasses and wiped them off on his white button down. He gently took her hand and gave her the glasses, it was like one of those movie moments. Yuck.

'He likes her doesn't he?' I groaned.

Evan smirked as Liam took half her books so she didn't have so much to carry, 'Looks like it.'

I need to buy that child a backpack.

"Every woman is a rebel."- Oscar Wilde.