Chapter 18

Holy mother Friggin hell.

Grasping my throbbing head I kept my eyes closed even though the room was fairly dark. I was lying on a bed, it wasn't mine, the duvet on my bed is heavier. Curling my fingers into small fists I pulled them away from my head and pushed myself into a sitting position slowly knowing from past experience that fast movement was not a good idea.

Carefully I opened my eyes and looked around the room I was in, the curtains were closed, the room was neat with a few random things scattered around, definitely a boy's room from the clothes hanging in the open wardrobe.

Shit, don't tell me I got drunk enough to have a one night stand, I'm a virgin not a slut.

Looking down I realized I was in my own sweat pants and tank top, I remember that I wore my black and red dress last night but that's nowhere to be seen. My sneakers are on the floor next to the bed so I must have changed before coming here.

Standing up I walked to the desk, there was a framed picture of Alex and two older people on the table, maybe they were his parents? So I'm in Alex's room.

How the hell did I get here?

I left the room and walked downstairs to find Alex cooking in the kitchen, his back turned to me.

'Uh, Alex?'

He turned around and smiled softly, 'Hey, how're you feeling?'

'A little hung over but I'll be fine.'

'Great, hungry?'

'Yeah, a little. Mind if I have some toast,' I noticed he was cooking fried eggs, 'I don't think my stomach could take anything oily.'

He nodded and put two slices of bread in the toaster, 'So, about last night?'

'Um, I was hoping you could fill in some blacks for me actually.'

He didn't look surprised, 'What do you remember?'

'Getting ready with Demi and my sister, the guys and their costumes. I left Avalon with Liam, I sat outside with you, Luke and Calum told me that Evan was with Demi.' I paused trying to remember, 'I had lemon vodka... I think I was dancing? That's all I remember.'

I didn't mention the crushing loneliness which had led me to drink so much, I don't think he'll understand and I do not want pity.

This is so frustrating! I've woken up with memory gaps before but I always knew my dad would fill them in for me or at least make sure I didn't go off with some boy.

'Okay well you got very drunk last night, started dancing with almost every guy at the party.' He said.

'But how did I get here? Out of my dress and into this.' I pointed to the sweats.

'I was worried about you, so was Evan so I suggested you stayed at my place. I helped you change because you were so drunk, I swear I didn't do anything inappropriate, Evan was there if you'd like to ask him.'

'I believe you.'

'Thanks, I drove you over here and put you to bed, I slept on the couch.'

'You didn't have to. I'm really sorry for imposing on you like that.'

'It was no problem, I really didn't mind.'

'Um, your parents won't mind me being here?'

'They travel a lot for work, doctors without borders.'

'Wow, that pretty cool.'

He smiled softly, 'Yep.'

I ate my breakfast in silence trying to remember last night but I couldn't get anything to come back to me, just flashes of dancing, alcohol. It feels like I'm missing something big but I just can't reach the memory.

Alex drove me home and told me to call if I needed him, he hugged me before I got out of the car and for a split second I wanted to kiss him.

After watching Alex drive away I made my way into the house, almost stepping in a pile of puke on the side walk, gross. Some people are just disgusting, I mean seriously throw up in a toilet or something.

I headed to the second floor and peaked into Evan's room, he was fast asleep. I knocked on Avalon's door and opened it, she was sitting on her bed with a book.

'Hey Avalon.' I smiled and came to sit on the bed.

She launched forward and hugged me, 'I missed you Reg!'

Laughing I hugged her back, 'It's only been one night, I stayed at Alex's place.'

'Evan told me. He also said you got really drunk.'

'I did.' I never lie to my sister, 'Did you drink?'

'Only Sprite and Fanta, Liam didn't want me to drink.'

'Did he drink?' I have to know.

She frowned, 'Evan didn't tell you? He can't, Liam was born with one kidney so he can't have alcohol or lots of caffeine.'

'I had no idea but I'm starting to like him more and more. He can't get drunk and do anything stupid.'

Avalon swatted me with a pillow, 'Shut it, I had the best night ever last night.'

'I'm glad you had fun. Did you kiss him?'

She blushed beet red, 'He kissed me just before he left, it was wonderful.'

'Awww, my baby sister had her first kiss.'

'Shut up, I'm like four seconds younger than you.'

'Still older.' I refocused my thoughts, 'Now, I want details.'

'Well, he danced with me all night and introduced me to people, we played a few games and when he had to go he walked me up to my room and when we were inside... he had his arms around me and then he asked if I'd be upset if he kissed me. I said no and then he kissed me, it was just a small kiss but I loved it.' By now my sister was blushing bright red.

'I'm so happy for you sis, did he ask you out?'

'He asked me to be his girlfriend.'

'Please tell me you said yes?'

'Of course!' I giggled along with her. 'So, anything interesting happen to you last night?'

'What do you mean interesting?'

'You and Alex.'

'There's nothing going on there.'

'He hangs around you, defends you against Zayn, looks after you when you're pissed drunk. Even I can tell he likes you.'

'You really think so?'

'Duh,'

"Drinking won't solve your problems but it will give you a lot of interesting new ones." -Dean Martin.