Chapter 15

Zayn wasn't in any of my morning classes luckily so I didn't have to worry about seeing him until lunch.

I caught up to Avalon at the Lunch room's entrance, Liam was shadowing her like an angry wolf, he looked pissed to be honest.

'Hey,' I hugged my sister and Liam. 'Having fun in your smarty pants classes?'

'Shut up they're not that bad.' She lightly punched my arm, 'Did you run into Zayn yet?'

'Nope, you?'

Liam answered, 'He thought Avalon was you and called her a name, I put him in a headlock and pushed him down the stairs.'

'A name?' I asked mockingly.

'He called me a bitch.' Avalon said softly.

I pulled her into a hug, 'I'm sorry sis.'

'It's okay, I'm fine , really, but I do need some lunch. Skipped breakfast.'

Liam groaned, 'You shouldn't have skipped breakfast, I'll get you some lunch.' He was gone before she could protest.

'Aww, prince In a muscle shirt.' I hooked my arm through Avalon's and we headed over to the middle table that seemed to "belong" to the soccer team.

Calum and Evan waved like maniacs, Evan patted the seat next to him and Demi smiled up at me. I sat next to my step brother accepting the tray of food from him. Noticing Liam come to sit next to my twin with their food, he seemed to be more interested in talking to her than eating.

I want to dislike the guy but he's making it so damn hard.

Zayn came in half way through lunch and sat on the other side of the large round table sulking and only speaking to some of the soccer guys. He surprisingly didn't bother me except for the random dirty look.

I reminded Evan that he was driving me home just before the end of the lunch session and had to run just to make my next class, econ.

Alex was in my last class which was Math, he sat next to me in the back row and we passed notes, trying to annoy each other. I burst out giggling after he poked me in the ribs making my teacher turn to glare at us. Oops.

'Is there something funny about this lesson?'

'No sir.' We chorused.

'Reggie, answer the question I just posed to the class.' Crap.

Alex gently squeezed my hand and whispered, '49.3'

'It's 49.3 sir.'

He raised an eyebrow, 'Correct, no more laughter please.'

Do you have any idea how hard it was to NOT laugh after that?

Evan drove me home before he went off with Avalon to find their Halloween outfits, I'd ordered Demi and my outfits so they'd been delivered already.

***

Demi came over to the house on Saturday in the early afternoon to get ready with Avalon and I. I'd already told my siblings to be nice to her, Avalon agreed but Evan grumbled and groaned. He eventually conceded due to the fact that I threatened him with my paintball gun.

'Hey Demi,' I grinned and hugged her, 'Come on, we're getting ready in my room.'

'Oh, okay. Lead the way I guess.'

I showed her up to my room and left Demi talking to Avalon while I showered in Avalon's bathroom. Evan was hogging the one we share.

When I got back to my room they were sprawled out on my bed, my makeup in a pile between them. We decided to get Demi ready first since her outfit was really cute and I was dying to see her as a pixy.