Chapter 17

A guy walked past me with a tray filled with shots, amber liquid filled them. I stopped him and took two shots, downing them.

'Right on!' He yelled as I put the empty glasses back.

I smiled weakly and headed to the kitchen where I opened a new bottle of lemon vodka, my old favorite, and grabbed a red plastic cup. Filling the cup to the brim with pure alcohol I downed the cup and refilled it, drinking that too. I filled the cup a third time, I was half way through the bottle already.

Taking my filled cup and the bottle I headed back to the lounge and started dancing again, random boys held me, danced with me and whispered compliments in my ear making me feel special in my drunken state.

After a while the bottle of lemon vodka was empty and another bottle was given to me by a boy who's name I didn't know. He encouraged me to drink the sour liquid and I did, I wanted to have fun all of a sudden, to forget my parent's divorce, forget moving away from my life, forget having to switch schools and constantly worrying about Avalon.

The dark haired boy I was dancing with handed me another cup, his chocolate colored skin made me feel like I knew him.

'Do I know you?' I giggled, 'You look like I know you.'

He smirked, 'You know, you forget things when you're drunk.'

'Noooooo. I do not!' I was still giggling and tripping over my own feet in these heels.

'Come on, I have something to show you.' He wrapped a hand around my back and guided me toward the stairs, half carrying me through the crowds of people.

'Where are we going?' I hiccuped.

'Up.'

I studied his face through the haze in my mind, where do I know him from? He walked me all the way up stairs, to my bed room. How does he know where it is?

In my fuzzy mind the fact that he closed my bedroom door meant nothing, It just was something that happened. His rough hands gripped my waist and pulled me to him, he smirked.

'Got you now.'

I giggled, 'Why can't I remember you?'

'I'll give you a clue, I'm Zayn.'

Zayn? Do I know Zayn? He looks so familiar and I have this weird feeling about him but it could be hate or love for all I know.

He was kissing me now, I didn't really know if I liked it, my lips still stung from the strong alcohol. He kissed down my neck, hands slipping down to my legs. Suddenly Zayn had picked me up and dumped me on the bed, a sick smirk on his face.

The giggles escaped my lips before I could stop them, 'Whatcha doing?'

'Getting revenge for the embarrassment you and that little shit Alex caused me.'

It went in one ear and out the other, I just giggled and curled around a pillow playing with the fringe on it. Pretty, pretty pillow.

'I have something better for you to play with.' He smirked taking the pillow away from me making me whine softly.

I pouted, 'but pillow?'

That's when he unzipped his pants and tried to climb on top of me, his hands grasping for my wrists as he straddled me, trying to move my dress up with his knee.

That's when It clicked in my drunk mind.

'Stop, Zayn, stop!'

'No, you were into it a seconds ago, just relax and let me take control.'

'Stop, get off me now!' I struggled but the alcohol in my body seemed to slow me down, weaken me. Like I'm trying to swim through bubblegum.

Suddenly my door crashed open and Zayn was no longer on top of me, I tried to sit up but flopped on to my side. Alex held Zayn against the wall, hand wrapped around his neck as Zayn kicked and thrashed, gasping.

'She said stop, so you stop. Just because a girl's drunk doesn't mean it's open season. Understood?'

Zayn nodded since he couldn't breathe. Evan came into the room at that moment, 'What the fuck are you doing!?'

'He was about to rape your drunk sister.' Alex sounded like he was about to snap Zayn's neck.

'What the- shit!' He looked pissed, 'Let him go.'

Alex dropped him and Evan began to kick Zayn over and over until I let out another involuntary giggle, both boys looked over at me.

'Does she always giggle so much when she's bombed?' Alex asked.

Evan shrugged, 'Never seen her drunk before, think she'll remember this in the morning?'

'No idea but she's not staying here, no offense but I don't trust you to keep an eye on her. You're drunk and not really a responsible guy, Avalon has Liam but she has me.'

'What do you mean she has you?'

'Exactly what it sounds like.' Alex walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of sweat pants and one of my black tank tops.

'Nooo, stealing my clothes.' I moaned. 'Bad human.'

He rolled his eyes and gently removed my heels then slid the sweat pants up my legs, his hands were warm.

'I need you to stand up, please?' He carefully helped me up.

Alex turned me so I was facing away from him and slipped my dress over my head, looking away like a gentleman he gave me the shirt. I looked at it dumbly, what do I do with this?

He huffed when he realized I wasn't getting dressed and Evan chuckled as Alex had to dress me.

'She's going to kill you in the morning, I almost got scalped when I walked in on her changing.' Evan joked.

Alex ignored him as he slipped socks onto my feet and then laced up my sneakers for me. He gently picked me up and nodded to Evan before taking me downstairs and out the back door to his waiting car.

'Where we going Ally?' I asked sleepily.

'You're having a sleep over at my place okay?'

'Okay.' I scrunched my nose, 'Put me down?'

We were right next to his car so he carefully set me on my feet with a kind smile, keeping his arm around me for support. Then I threw up on the sidewalk.

Classy, right?

"If a man calls himself a realist you can be sure he's about to do something he's ashamed of." -Sydney Harris