Chapter 10

"Is everything alright?" The mother asked me.

"Y-y-yea... I guess," my voice glitched a little.

That's when I knew I was getting emotional. Now, do robots ever get emotional or do they even have feelings? I wasn't sure.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"S-s-sor-ry. I don't ev-ven think it is p-pos-os-sible for a ro-ro-robot to have feelings," it started glitching out more.

It went from high pitched to low pitched almost instantly back and forth.

"Here, I'll go get the manager," she said and walked out the doors.

I sighed.

Katie noticed my unhappiness and left me be. An older male had stopped what he was doing when the woman left. Him, 3 other males, and 2 women looked up at me.

I had my head hung low thinking about the questions repeatedly in my head. Katie's mother walked back in with the manager behind her. He stopped in his tracks as the woman continued to set up the party stuff.

"I see what you meant Mrs. Baker," he said.

I looked up to him and scooted back against the wall behind me. It was only 5 feet behind me. He got in front of me and bent down. He put a hand on my leg. I looked into his eyes.

"Are you doing alright? I heard you were being emotional of sort," he asked.

"N-no-ot re-re-re-eally," I stuttered.

"This isn't good. Can you try to calm down?" He asked me.

"N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n," he stopped me as my head started twitching.

"Alright. At least get through this party and I won't send anymore in. Sund like a plan?"

"That's the problem. That fucking urge," I said quietly to him.

He nodded his head.

"It isn't that strong yet, but I do have a bad feeling something will fail inside of me," I explained.

"Alright," he frowned a bit.

He looked away for a bit before looking back up.

"There is one thing I can do to help you through this perty and this party only. You will be switched onto performance mode which will make you do what you were programmed to do. You will lose conscious. I'm sure it'll help," he explained.

"Alright. I'll give it a try," I said.

"That's if you were in your robot form. You just turned fluffy," he petted my leg.

"Sorry. I get nervous a lot," I said.

"It's alright. Here, I'll just take you out then. They can still be in here just without your entertainment," he said.

"I'd hate to just leave them but they will be safer without me about to kill them," I smiled a bit.

"Yes. They will be."

The manager turned around to look at the almost full room. He then turned back to me.

"Since more kids are walking in, I'll let you see them. I'll be by your side to lead you out afterwards. Sound like a plan for now?" He asked.

"I guess," I sighed in agreement.

I couldn't just let a couple of kids see me and the others not. It wouldn't be fare to them or me. So I got up and went robotic without anyone watching besides the manager.