September 1st

3 WEEKS LATER

Omniscient:

It had been three weeks since the crash and things haven't been exciting. Jahseh and Jaylani would watch tv all day and cuddle, and spend the rest of the day with visitors. Their minds were clear now that they knew they killed Tyrone and had nothing to worry about. 

Jaylani was in the cafeteria with Cleo while Jahseh was getting an x-ray to see how his ribs were healing.

"So, it must be pretty boring staying here all day, with nothing to do huh?" Cleo asked Jaylani, eating a hotdog. 

"Well yeah, but we just talk all day, and before I know it the sun's setting," Jaylani said nonchalantly.

Jaylani was really falling for Jahseh, they haven't said "I love you" yet but it was coming. 

Cleo was starting to like Jaylani, and Stokeley and Jahseh were starting to mend what had been broken in their friendship. Don't get me wrong, Stokeley was still suspicious that Jahseh would break her heart, but he trusted him enough to let them be together. 

"So you guys are getting out of here around homecoming. Are you and Jahseh thinking of going?" Cleo asked.

Jaylani had never been to a school dance before, and she hated dresses but she liked the idea.

She sighed.

"Maybe. I haven't really thought about it but maybe," Jaylani shrugged. 

>>

Jahseh was sitting down in the waiting area talking to Ayleks when Cleo ran up to him. Jahseh was confused and eager to know why his mom was running. Something had to be wrong, Cleo hated running. 

She came to a halt and put her hands on her knees sticking up one finger out of breath.

Jahseh looked at her wide-eyed impatiently. 

"When. 

Are.

You.

Gonna.

Ask.

Jaylani.

To.

Home...

Com

ing." 

Cleo gasped. 

Jahseh raised one eyebrow.

"I wasn't really thinking about it but I guess today," Jahseh said awkwardly.

"Alright, and you better do it RIGHT, not some half-ass shit," Cleo said, rolling her eyes and waving her hands around. 

"Okay ma," Jahseh said quietly.

Their conversation was interrupted by screaming.

They ran towards the loud abundance of noise and saw people struggling to restrain someone.

Jahseh POV:

Two doctors held Jaylani back from Taylor laying on the ground, backing away like she was crab-walking or some shit.

"I got it!" I hollered, grabbing Jaylani and dragging her away. 

I pulled her over to a large plain of grass and trees and sat her down.

Her eyes were twitching and her face was red.

'What the fuck was that about?" I asked her, distraught.

She just looked the opposite way of me.

"Hey, I'm talking to you," I said, grabbing her by the jaw making her face me.

She was silent.

I kissed her lips.

"Baby, what is going on? I'm worried." 

She stayed silent and rested her head on my shoulder. 

I sighed.

"Maybe this will cheer you up," she looked at me and I smirked.

"will you go to homecoming with me?" I asked, my eyes full of lust. 

She leaned in and kissed me, smiling agaisnt my lips.

"Of course," she said, pulling me into her arms. 

>>

Jaylani got a warning that if she did something like that again she'd get kicked out. Jaylani only had a concussion but she didn't wanna go home without me because she'd be lonely.

We were in the cafeteria sitting at a table sharing a piece of pumpkin pie. 

NOT FINISHING THIS CHAPTER TILL LATER