7

Oliver glanced at the time, nearly one o' clock.

Nearly his break time.

He gaze shifted  door when a woman in her mid twenties walked in, her thick black curly hair tied up into an elegant bun that complimented her dark features, her maxi length green dress bringing out similar hues in her eyes.

"Matilda," Oliver greeted warmly, his peripheral vision watching two of the younger boys with the shape blocks to make sure they didn't injure themselves.

Matilda's warmth showed in the smile she returned, pulling Oliver in for a small hug. "I'm here to watch the kiddies while you're off on your lunch. You forgot to bring some today?" She asked curiously as she set down her brown leather bag and leaned against the desk.

As a kindergarten teacher, often Oliver brought his own lunch due to his preference being to remain around the children at all hours than having to leave and grab some but today, he knew exactly why he wanted to leave, and it was convenient that he could grab some lunch at the same time.

"Didn't have anything in the fridge," He lied smoothly, rolling his eyes, "Dallas eats like an animal."

He smiled slightly at his own joke and grabbed his wallet and phone, winking at Matilda in a friendly manner as he moved to give his daughter a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back soon Luce." He promised, however she was far too infatuated with the bubbles she had found to even be bothered by Oliver's absence.

It wasn't long before he had hopped into the car and made his way to Delilah's cafe, a pang of fear beginning to form in his chest as he found a car park. "Stop it," the red-haired male muttered to himself, "You look good," he continued before he pulled a face, "Who cares if you look good? This isn't about marriage far out, this is to figure things out, don't be stupid Oliver, remember Dallas?" He asked himself.

Dallas. Even thinking about his husband made his body relax and a small, serene smile found its way into his lips. God, he loved him. Even though he felt that love so strongly, he couldn't help but feel particularly insecure about his appearance for the first time in a long time at the prospects of meeting his mate. He had been waiting for this since before he had met Dallas.

He didn't want to admit that this might be something he wanted. How could he? He had spent nearly a decade defending his relationship with Dallas, but even so he had wished once that he had what everyone else had, what everyone told him his whole life was working towards.

~

"A mate to a werewolf is like salt and pepper," Oliver's mother had explained to him a week before his eighteenth birthday, usually most werewolves found their mates around this time and Oliver was bursting with excitement, unaware that he would soon differ from his community in the length of time it took him.

"I don't like pepper much." Oliver grinned, watching his mother, a beautiful auburn haired woman roll her eyes at his response, sitting her slender figure on the couch as she adjusted her matching pyjama. Their hot chocolates they had made before this discussion sat between them.

"Okay well then like... gosh you really know how to stump someone," she muttered in feigned annoyance but the smile she tried to hide betrayed her amusement. "Okay well it's like- like the cinema and popcorn."

Oliver nodded in understanding, smiling excitedly. "I can't wait!" He screamed, laughing afterwards in that completely uncensored happiness he only really displayed around his mother and close friends as his father often was at work. Their relationship was one of respect and love but not closeness.

"You won't have to wait much longer." His mother promised, picking up her hot chocolate, "it will be beautiful and full of love. There is no better feeling."