Chapter IX

"The Witch"

The jeeps reached the mountains after an hour of driving. "Gosh my butt hurts, lets get hiking bros" Eunsang whines. He immediately jumps out getting his gear from the trunk. The rest follow him one by one.

"Okay! Everyone choose a buddy" Seungyoun announces. "I call dibs on Pyo" Yohan says grabbing him. "I second that" Pyo says. Eunsang and Hyeongjun were partners & Seungyoun and Seungwoo were partners.

The began to make way up the mountain.

- at the house

"IS SOMEONE GONNA TELL ME WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING" Junho screams in frustration.

Minhee had no explanation because he too did not know what was happening. Wooseok continuously tried to call Seungwoo but they probably did not have any service. "Wooseok hyung do you know what's happening" Minhee asked. Wooseok jumped, "uhh um...w- well. You see-" "Get it out!" Junho commands. "OKSOOURPARENTSWENTHEREFORASPRINGBREAKANDTHEYHADGYMSTHENTHEWASAPROBLEMANDZEUSHADTOHIDETHEMANDNOWTHATWEAREHERETHEYREGONNAREACTIVATEANDCHOOSEUSTOUSETHEM" he says. Wooseok is now gasping for air. "I don't work well under pressure"

Junho and Minhee took a few minutes to process what he said. "So you telling me, this is mine now. Because it's used to be my father's. Now it has chosen me, and I can do whatever I want with it?" Junho concludes.

"Yes"
Junho steps towards the older, "Are you playing with me or do you think I'm stupid"

"I obviously think you're all stupid but know I'm seriously telling the truth. Here look" he explains. Wooseok shows Junho a picture of the book they had found the night before. Junho reads the pages thoroughly and nodded when he completed.

"Well can't argue with logic" he shrugs. "Now how do I get this down, I'm tired of it following me around this room"

"I honestly do no not know, I've never encountered this before, OBVIOUSLY" Wooseok says.

"I'm tall enough to reach it, let me try to get it" Minhee says as he reached for it.

"Wait M-"
"Minhee Do-"

As he touch the bracelet he was instantly thrown aside the room. Crashing into a pile of boxes revealing a small treasure chest.

"Ah that hurts" he whines.

Wooseok goes for the box but it appears to have a lock. "Hey Minhee doesn't this look match that key your father gave you for your 16th birthday?" he asked.

"You mean this one" he says holding up a key still laying in the pile of boxes.

"Yes thank you" he agreed

Junho ran over, and so did his bracelet, to Minhee and grabbed the key. He tossed it to Wooseok. Wooseok inserted the key into the chest which opened and revealed another bracelet. It immediately flew over above Minhee.

"Well that explains that" Wooseok says unenthusiastically.

Minhee rises from the boxes to be welcome by his bracelet. "Woah this is mine? Cool" he says amazed. Minhee reaches for his.

"Did you not learn from last time?" Junho asked.

Minhee didn't listen and continued until he touch it. The bracelet flew onto his wrist. The dark violet shimmered and emitted a slight glow for a few seconds.

"That was cool as f-"

"A A A, language young minor" Wooseok stops him.

"Wait so THATS ALL I HAD TO DO?!" Junho screams. He then reached for it. It did the exact same thing as Minhee's bracelet.

"Ok you guys will have to explain what just happens to Seungwoo because I'm still trying to process what the cluck just happened honestly." Wooseok demands

"Honestly same bro" Minhee says staring at his bracelet slowly caressing it like its a kitten.

Gosh what am I going to do

- back at the hike

"Oh my god, I'm going to die. Leave me, save yourselves."

"Hyeongjun it's only been 30 minutes. Get up" Eunsang told him.

The boys reached a checkpoint. There was a rest stop with bathrooms and a snack machine.

"OH YES, SOMEONE GIVE ME A DOLLAR" Dohyon commanded.

"Y'all we have to send him to rehab or something, this is an addiction" Eusang suggests. The all laugh except Dohyon who wanted a snack.

They take a ten minute break from walking.

"Alright gang lets get back to it, we're half way there."

They began to walk again but this time put the weaklings in the front. A few minutes passed and as they were walking Pyo noticed a small little hut. "You guys lets check this out" Pyo asked. They nodded and followed him towards the hut.

As they entered the hut was bigger than what it looked like outside. It was as big a house. All the boys entered to be welcomed with different bottles of liquids. Paintings all across the wall. A plethora of different plants. And was black cat whos fur was as black as night.

"You guys this kitty is so cute" Hyeongjun says rubbing it softly.

"You must be very bright, she doesn't let many caress her that much" and unfamiliar voice said. A woman creeps out from the shadows of the hut. The young ones jump at the sight, most specifically Dohyon.

"My name is Madame Andre, witch of Asgard. Who might you young boys be" she asked.

"We are Hy-" Hyeongjun was going to introduce then until he was cut off by Hangyul. "Don't tell strangers your name, especially creepy ones" he whispered.

"Oh that's fine, I know everything about you anyways" she revealed.

"Ok I'm scared, I regret, let's bounce!" Dongpyo suggests.

"Why so in a rush, would you like to know thou future?" She asked? "Or would you like for your fellow comrad" she asks.

"Who is she talking about?" Hangyul asked

"Why the son of Caerus of course". "You know me the younger have similar gifts. His it just , as I might say, more powerful." she replies.

"Then why would we need to hear from you" Eunsang asks rudely. He was then punched in the arm by Pyo.

"Because I am much more skilled, and he cannot properly tell"

"Plus I only have one thing to say, and that is for the smallest" she continued. All the boys look towards the smallest in their presence, Pyo.

"Ohhh I thought she meant Eunsang" he chuckled. (Lmao I'm sorry 😂) Eunsang was about to attack until there was a snap. Madame Andre was gone... so was Pyo.

- to be continued