Revengeance

For the past six years.

The images return.

They're uninvited.

Unwanted.

One might think she should expect it by now. But that would mean she's accepted fate.

Meredith chooses to live in an illusion. A charade. Deceiving herself from the truth that she is drowning in a secret. She pushes herself in an appeasement of false realities where she only has time for her career as a lawyer representing victims of domestic violence.

After tragedy struck in high school, leaving her intimidated, isolated and always looking over her shoulder, she finds deceiving comfort in micro-managing every aspect of her life: school, social life, career... to her nonexistent love life. But that changes the night Meredith is introduced to Andre, a criminal lawyer. The very thing she detests: negligible, worthless and distasteful.

Will she vow to let go of fear, revenge, and vengeance and allow this conflicting man to be the breadth and depth of gaining her emotional freedom where she can begin to live again? Or will she allow the demons of her past to haunt and dictate her future leaving her even more afraid of tomorrow? Her choice will be made as wavering secrets become revealed in what happened that dreadful night. A decision demanding resolution, but is never without consequence.

A tale of powerless fear, passion, and revenge. Revengeance is hauntingly dark, romantic, and an intriguing, suspenseful read. The subject matter of this standalone novel may be too much for some readers.

Revengeance?

Thinking about revenge stimulates a region in the brain called the dorsal stratum, which becomes active when you anticipate pleasure or something rewarding like winning the lottery.

Exacting revenge conjures the exact opposite.

Revenge transitive verb

To avenge (as oneself) usually by retaliating in kind or degree; to inflict injury in return

Vengeance noun

The act of doing something to hurt someone because that person did something that hurt you or someone else

Revengeance noun

The act of inflicting harm in retaliation for what they've done.

~LU Ann

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them. Ezekiel 25:17

From the author...

I want to thank you for clicking on this story to check it out.

Here's a couple of things to note:

* This is my original work and I ask you to please not steal any parts. I started this five years ago and had to put it down due to real life. Now that I've picked it back up, I can't stop. The characters are never far from my mind and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

*These are fictional characters.

* There are topics regarding true political events. These are not necessarily my own view and please don't comment with political beliefs. They are here to help advance the plot and shed light on the challenges the characters face.

* I hope you'll stay with me through the journey.

Now, let's have fun exploring this story together! Don't forget to comment and vote. :)

Oops! One more thing. Would you like to see a cast? Let me give it some thought. Feel free to agree or disagree in the comments (if you disagree, tell us who you think the character would look like).

Happy reading!

~LU Ann (Speaks in Cursive)