trust » chanlix

little!felix
caregiver!chan

i'm sorry ok i just really love chanlix :(

~*~

Felix sat contentedly on the floor, happily playing with his Mega Bloks while he hummed to himself. He was going to make his daddy the best tower ever, one that was so tall and colourful that Chan would have to love it.

Looking around the empty room, Felix wondered where everybody else was. He didn't mind that fact that he was alone since he enjoyed playing on his own most of the time, but he did think it was a little strange that no one had come to check up on him.

"Finished!" The little exclaimed to himself, picking himself up off of the floor and running straight to his daddy's room despite knowing he shouldn't run in the dorm. "Daddy! Daddy!"

Felix stopped in the doorway when he saw Chan, Minho and Changbin sitting on Chan's bed, the other two appearing to be comforting Chan about something. The three of them turned around when they heard Felix's voice, and Chan faked a smile.

"Hi, baby," the blonde greeted. He could tell Felix was confused and a little worried from the look on his face. Eyebrows furrowed slightly and lips curled into a small pout; the look made Chan feel worse than he already did. "Did you make that just for me, Felix?"

Felix nodded uncertainly, stepping forward when Chan patted his thigh.

"Come sit and show me, princess," the older invited, and Felix shuffled over to his caregiver hesitantly until he was climbing onto the bed and into Chan's lap. "Oh, wow, this is amazing! Did you make this all by yourself, Lix?"

Eyes focused on Chan's face, Felix nodded stiffly, noticing that the skin around Chan's eyes was red and so were his eyes. Had Chan been crying?

"Has Daddy been cwying?" The little asked suddenly, and Chan looked taken aback before he chuckled nervously.

"Of course not, baby," he answered, rubbing Felix's arm up and down. "The pollen outside is just getting to Daddy a bit."

"Hey, Lixie," Changbin spoke, trying to draw the attention away from Chan and his red face. "'Minho-hyung is going to make alphabet nuggets for you, tonight. Why don't you go and get your pretty cutlery set and Lixie and Binnie can spell out big words, hm?"

"Ok, Binnie..." Felix replied, clearly apprehensive as he slid off of Chan's lap and made his way to his own room where he kept his pink plastic cutlery set.

At the dinner table, Chan remained rather silent as he watched Changbin and Felix spell out words with the younger's chicken nuggets. He smiled whenever Felix looked at him in order to put his baby's worries at ease, and every time Felix giggled because of something silly Changbin said, Chan felt his heart break a little.

He hated lying to Felix like this, but he just wanted what was best for his little boy, and Felix didn't need to be burdened with Chan's problems.

~*~

"Can Lixie cuddwe wib Sungie and Minnie-hyung, pwease?" Felix asked when he saw Jisung and Minho lounging around on the sofa.

"Of course, sweetie," Jisung answered with a smile, sitting up and patting the space between him and Minho. "What's up, buttercup?"

"Daddy ish wying to me," Felix replied with a scowl on his face. "He says he's ok but he's been cwying a wot an' he won't teww me. But he tewws everyone else about it."

Minho and Jisung shared a knowing look over the top of Felix's head before turning their attention to the boy in their arms.

"Honey, Channie isn't lying to you," Minho tried to reassure. "He's just trying to look out for you and your safety. You're a baby, beautiful, and big bad stuff can hurt you."

"But 'm not a baby, Minnie-hyung!" Felix exclaimed. "Fewix a big boy!"

"Felix, inside voices, sweetheart," Jisung attempted to calm the younger boy down but to no avail.

"'M not a baby!" Felix yelled. "Everyone thinks dat I can no handwe stuff 'cus 'm so fwagiwe an' pwecious but 'm not!"

By now, Felix had attracted the attention of everyone else in the dorm, who had now gathered in the living room to witness Felix's (semi) tantrum.

"Felix, baby, what's going on?" Chan asked softly, taking a step towards Felix on the sofa, causing the little to stand up and back away.

"No, y-you dun' get to touch me!" Felix cried. "Y-You dun' twust me s-so I dun' twust you eithew!"

Chan could practically feel his heart breaking into two at the words leaving Felix's mouth. He didn't know what to do, what to say, so he just stood there, willing the tears in his eyes to go away. He couldn't be pathetic at a time like this, not when the things Felix was saying were because of him.

"Hey," Changbin snapped. "Come on, Felix, that's no way to talk to Channie-hyung."

"I-I dun' cawe!" Felix yelled, the tears in his eyes already running down his face. "N-No one cawes how I feew w-when dey wie to me an' tawk to me wike 'm some baby!"

"What's going on out here?" Hyunjin yawned, trudging into the living room after being woken from his nap.

And, being the only one (apart from Seungmin and Jeongin who were currently nowhere to be seen) who hadn't accused Felix of being a baby, or too little to understand things, Felix ran over to the older male, immediately attaching himself to the dancer's hip.

"Woah, woah, Felix," Hyunjin started, nearly falling over from how suddenly Felix had hugged him. "Hey, honey, what's wrong?"

"Felix, baby, listen to Daddy please," Chan said softly. Felix currently had his face buried in Hyunjin's shoulder, refusing to look at Chan, but the blonde continued anyway. "You remember when you've had a problem but you've been too scared to tell Daddy because you didn't want to bother him while he was busy?"

Felix still refused to respond or look at Chan, so Hyunjin began to rub the younger's back reassuringly.

"This is just like that, baby boy," the leader continued. "You know Daddy loves you more than anything in this world, Felix, and that's why he doesn't want to worry you with his silly problems."

"B-But Daddy wied..." Felix whimpered, finally looking at Chan.

His little face was red and blotchy, tears staining his chubby cheeks and Hyunjin's t-shirt, and the sight broke Chan's heart even more.

"D-Daddy said he was ok, b-but he wasn't..." the little replied, and Chan gnawed on the inside of his cheek.

"Daddy did lie, baby, and he's so so sorry," he apologised. "Will you come and give Daddy a hug, princess? He promises that he'll always tell Felix when something's wrong."

"Go on, sweetie," Hyunjin encouraged, ruffling Felix's hair as the little rubbed his eyes with his fists.

Chan held his arms open for Felix and the smaller blonde let his caregiver hug him, soon coming round to hug him back.

"'M sowwy I said all those meanie things, Daddy," Felix sniffled into Chan's chest. "Should I go i-in time out, Daddy?"

"Not this time, angel," Chan chuckled, kissing Felix's cheek. "But you can't behave like that again, ok, baby?"

Felix nodded enthusiastically. "'M also sowwy for yewwing at everyone..."

"Don't worry about it, little one," Changbin reassured. "We understand what you're feeling now, so we won't do it again, Lix."

Felix nodded again, smiling as Chan leaned down to kiss his forehead softly.

"Come on, you. It's past your bedtime."

~*~

sigh i love chanlix >:(