payback » hyunin

little!jeongin
caregiver!hyunjin

felix and woojin are also in this one!

similar to that changlix feat. seungmin one i wrote a while ago!

this was requested by Lucy_Heartfilia190 and i hope you enjoy!

~*~

Jeongin frowned as he watched Hyunjin, the elder's back to him as he battled against Jisung in Mario Kart. Jeongin was a responsible little, relativity easy to look after. When he felt like he wasn't getting enough attention, instead of acting up, he sat and waited until Hyunjin was done. He normally asked for what he wanted, except for rare occasions where he was too tired to wait for Hyunjin and just did it himself. But today was different.

It was a day off, and while Jeongin knew it was an opportunity for all of them to relax, he also hadn't had a chance to be little for a few weeks now due to their hectic schedule. He should get to relax too, right?

"Dada, I wanna pway bwocks," Jeongin said from the doorway. As soon as the day had started, Jisung and Hyunjin were playing on Jisung's Switch, with the new Mario Kart game Jisung had bought arriving.

"A little later, baby, Daddy's busy," Hyunjin replied, not even having the decency to look at Jeongin as he carried on playing.

Jeongin's frown deepened and he huffed quietly through his nose. "Dada said that ages ago."

After that, Hyunjin didn't answer. Whether he was ignoring Jeongin or was too engrossed in his game, Jeongin didn't know. But what he did know was that if Hyunjin wasn't going to give him any attention, then Jeongin would find it elsewhere. He left the room with the door open so Hyunjin wouldn't hear. He wanted to go through this plan, and if he slammed the door he figured Hyunjin would hear and would then go to sort it out.

Jeongin saw Minho laying on the couch with Changbin sitting on the floor in front of him, back against the legs of the couch as he showed Minho something on his phone. Jeongin didn't want to disturb them since Minho had been working extra hard on choreography recently and Changbin deserved a day without annoyance. Chan was out of the question, since Jeongin knew he was sleeping off weeks of exhaustion and stress, and Jeongin wasn't selfish.

Seungmin was out for the day, telling everyone the day before that he was meeting up with some school friends, so that left Felix and Woojin. Seeing as they shared a room, it wasn't difficult to find them in said room, Felix sitting at his desk with a Korean language book out to help his learning, and Woojin laying on his bed with his phone in his hand. Their door was open, and the rule was in the dorms that if you left your door open, the others were allowed to just enter. A closed door meant you should knock first, and a sock on the doorknob meant not to enter at all.

However, Jeongin still knocked upon entry. Felix was the first to look up, turning his head and smiling at Jeongin when he saw the youngest standing there. Woojin looked up next, and also smiled at the sight of Jeongin. Everyone in Stray Kids was whipped for Jeongin; even the mere sight of him brightened their days.

"What's up, Innie?" Woojin asked, and Jeongin looked over at the eldest, a small pout on his face. "Did something happen, baby?"

Woojin set his phone down next to him and Felix turned around fully in his chair, resting his arm over the top of it. They were both such good listeners, and they always gave their full attention to Jeongin when he wanted to speak.

"I wanted to pway bwocks with Dada but he won't pway with me," Jeongin answered, his pout growing as Woojin and Felix looked at him sadly. "Will Wixie and Woojinie pway with me?"

"Course we will, angel!" Felix replied, standing up from his desk and approaching Jeongin. With warm arms, he picked Jeongin up and held him on his hip, giving his cheek a big kiss that made Jeongin giggle. "Have you had lunch yet, baby? Hyung and I can take you to a little café for lunch if you want!"

"Yes pwease, Wixie!" Jeongin giggled louder, already feeling a lot better.

"Do you want to take some blocks with you too, Innie?" Woojin asked, getting up slowly from his bed and dropping his phone in his back pocket. "We can take a couple and you can play blocks with us!"

Jeongin nodded excitedly, and both Felix and Woojin chuckled and cooed at the same time as Felix carried Jeongin out of their room and to Jeongin's own room. After twenty minutes of tickles and giggles, Woojin and Felix had dressed Jeongin in cute overalls and a pretty yellow headband with a bow attached to it. Woojin had just finished packing a little bag for Jeongin with his blocks, dummy and medical supplies in case he got hurt when Hyunjin walked in. Jeongin was sitting on the bed with Felix with his back to Hyunjin, so he didn't see him, but when Felix's smile fell slowly, Jeongin turned around to see what had made his friend unhappy.

When he saw Hyunjin standing at the door, he too made a look of distaste as he turned back to Felix. "Woojie-hyung, can we go, pwease?"

"Sure thing, baby, let me just-"

"Where are you going?"

Woojin stood up when he heard Hyunjin, turning around with Jeongin's packed bag in his hand. The air in the room suddenly turned tense, and even breathing felt awkward in the silence of the room.

"We were just about to take Jeongin out for lunch," Felix answered, still holding Jeongin's hands in his. "He's been feeling a bit bored and left out today."

"Baby, why didn't you come and tell me you wanted to go out? Daddy would have taken you," Hyunjin asked, hands in his pockets.

"Innie did, Dada," Jeongin replied. "Dada said later 'cus he was busy. But Innie asked Dada before that too and Dada said later."

Hyunjin furrowed his brows in confusion before actually thinking back to the events of the day. Most of the day had been spent on Jisung's Switch playing Mario Kart and amongst that, Hyunjin briefly remembered Jeongin asking when he could play blocks with him. His expression softened when he focused on Jeongin's face again. He could tell his baby was unhappy, but underneath the frown Jeongin wore, he could see sadness.

"Daddy is so sorry, baby," he apologised softly. "Baby did ask Daddy and Daddy's sorry for pushing baby aside. It's baby's day off too and he should get to do what he wants, too."

When Jeongin didn't reply, Hyunjin stepped into the room. He knelt in front of the bed where Jeongin was sitting. "Please forgive Dada, baby. We can go wherever you want, baby!"

"Can...Can Woojie and Wixie still come?" Jeongin asked with a sniffle.

"Of course they can, little one. Whatever my baby wants," Hyunjin answered with a small smile and Jeongin felt his eyes well up with tears. "Oh, baby. Come here, sweetheart."

Hyunjin stood up and picked Jeongin up, letting the younger wrap his legs around his waist and his arms around his neck as he hugged him tightly. Jeongin cried into Hyunjin's shoulder as Hyunjin held him close.

"Come on, baby boy, no need to cry," Hyunjin shushed gently. "We're gonna go out, baby! Gonna have such a good time!"

Jeongin nodded and eventually he stopped crying, but he wouldn't let go of Hyunjin. Hyunjin didn't mind that at all, letting Jeongin sit on his lap when they got to the café and playing blocks with him just how Jeongin wanted him to all day.

~*~

thank you guys so so so soooooo much for 200k+ reads! it's crazy how this book's changed owners like 3 times and is still so popular. you guys are amazing🥺💕

also if you guys wanna join a group chat for littles + caregivers, dm me (softseungmins) on instagram or @/jiminveerse on instagram and we can add you! it's gonna be a safe space for littles and caregivers! 🥺