trypanophobia » seungjin

little!seungmin
caregiver!hyunjin

trypanophobia - fear of medical procedures involving needles or injections.

requested by _sseungminn_ and i hope you enjoy!

~*~

Hyunjin pouted as he pressed the back of his hand to Seungmin's forehead. His baby had a fever, if the heat from his skin was anything to go by, and seeing the younger so sick and sad was breaking his heart.

"We're gonna have to take him to the company doctor," Chan observed from behind Hyunjin, arms folded across his chest like the dad he was. "Can't risk it getting worse."

"Of course," Hyunjin agreed, taking Seungmin's hands in his. "Minnie, baby, Daddy's gonna take you to the doctor, ok? Find out what's wrong with you, ok, baby?"

Seungmin nodded sadly, sniffling as Hyunjin helped him up from his bed. He whimpered as he leaned into Hyunjin's side, only wanting to be close to his caregiver.

"I know, baby, Daddy knows," Hyunjin cooed, stroking Seungmin's hair and the side of his face. "The doctor will make baby feel all better and then baby and Daddy can cuddle for the rest of the day! Does that sound nice, baby?"

"And kissies, Daddy?" Seungmin asked, looking up at Hyunjin with pleading eyes.

"Of course kissies, darling," Hyunjin replied, kissing Seungmin's forehead. "Always kissies."

~*~

"He is definitely running a fever."

Hyunjin knew that already, but hearing it come out of a doctor's mouth sounded more serious than the voice in his head.

"Right, so, what do you need to do to make him better?" Hyunjin asked, holding Seungmin's hand with one of his while his other hand rubbed and down Seungmin's shin. The doctor had the younger sitting on one of the patient beds and Hyunjin sitting on a chair next to it. He felt like a parent, but then he guessed he was practically a parent at this point.

"Well, it shouldn't be anything too serious," the doctor started, reassuring smile on his face. "But we'll have to take a blood test just as a precaution."

At the mention of a blood test, Seungmin looked up suddenly, eyes wide and face paling even more than it already was. It was a pretty well-known fact that Seungmin hated needles. Just the mention of them was enough to have him shaking and close to tears, and Hyunjin knew this better than anyone.

As soon as the doctor said Seungmin would need to have a blood test, Hyunjin looked up at him. The younger's eyes were starting to water, and Hyunjin knew this would be difficult. Looking back over at the doctor, he gave him a sad smile.

"Could you give us a few minutes, please?" He asked as politely as he could. "He has a thing about needles."

"Of course," the doctor nodded. "I'll go get everything ready for the blood test."

Hyunjin watched as the doctor left and as soon as the door shut behind him, he stood up and in front of Seungmin.

"Daddy, d-don't wet him give baby injection," Seungmin whimpered, beginning to cry.

"I wish I could, baby, but this is just a blood test - to make sure everything's ok with your blood, Minnie," Hyunjin tried to reassure, cupping Seungmin's face and stroking his wet cheek. "We don't want anything nasty inside my baby, do we?"

Seungmin shook his head slowly, squeezing his eyes shut and letting the tears in his eyes roll down his cheeks. Hyunjin felt bad, of course he would feel bad seeing his baby this upset, but it was something that had to be done.

"You can brave for me, can't you love?" Hyunjin asked rhetorically. "My brave little boy. Should Daddy call Channie too?"

Seungmin shook his head, opening his eyes to look up at Hyunjin. "Just Daddy."

Hyunjin nodded. "Just Daddy, baby."

When the doctor returned, Seungmin started crying again, and Hyunjin stood by his side the whole time, holding the boy's head close to his chest and shushing him with every sob. It was over in a matter of seconds, as blood tests normally were, and Hyunjin whispered praises in Seungmin's ear while the doctor stored the blood sample safely.

"We should have the results in about three days. We'll send a letter to your dorm when they come through," he explained, and Hyunjin nodded along. "But I'm positive it's nothing."

"Thank you," Hyunjin smiled, helping Seungmin down from the bed and taking his hand. The two of them left and when they returned to the dorm, Seungmin whimpered and made grabby hands for Hyunjin.

"Come here, my brave boy," Hyunjin cooed, picking Seungmin up while also being mindful of the plaster on his arm. "You did so well today, Minnie."

"How did it go?" Chan asked, emerging from one of the bedrooms. Probably Minho's.

"He had to have a blood test," Hyunjin answered and just like that Chan understood why Hyunjin was praising Seungmin so much.

"And baby went and had it?" Chan asked rhetorically, mouth open in faux shock for Seungmin's sake. "Such a good boy!"

Seungmin sucked on his thumb and rested his head on Hyunjin's shoulder as the elder bounced him on his hip.

"I think baby deserves a reward after that," Chan started openly, looking at Hyunjin. "What do you think, Hyunjinnie?"

"Oh, definitely!" Hyunjin replied, looking at Seungmin who still looked a little upset. "Baby was such a good boy today! What does baby want for his reward?"

Seungmin hummed around his thumb, snuggling his head further into Hyunjin's shoulder. "Cuddles..."

"Of course, pretty baby," Hyunjin whispered, kissing Seungmin's forehead. "We can have all the cuddles in the world, sweetheart."

And that was how the two ended up huddled in front of the TV that night, snuggled together under mountains of blankets and in each other's arms.

Hyunjin looked down at Seungmin, who was now falling asleep in his arms, and he smiled. He leaned down to kiss Seungmin's temple, and his heart swelled with love when Seungmin whined and snuggled further into his chest.

He smiled to himself as he too snuggled closer to Seungmin, enjoying the warmth before he fell asleep also.

~*~

m gun stawt weabin widwe tins hewe ebe wek heeheee!