grumpy » seungin

little!jeongin 
caregiver!seungmin 

sicky lil jeongin was requested by sircaterpillar1267 and i hope you enjoy!

~*~

"Daddy," Jeongin whined when Seungmin walked into the room, hot water bottle in his hands.

The elder male pouted sadly at the sight of his poor baby, his face pale but glistening with sweat. Jeongin had woken up feeling extremely ill that morning, so Seungmin called into work to tell his manager he wouldn't be able to make it today. He was sure that the store wouldn't miss him much anyway.

When Jeongin got upset or ill, he tended to slip, which was what he had done today. Seungmin was completely fine with that since he only wanted Jeongin to be as happy and comfortable as he could be when he was this sick.

Seungmin was actually woken up this morning by Jeongin rushing out of bed at around seven, and Seungmin groaned at first but when he heard his boyfriend crying from the bathroom, he was up and out of bed quicker than he'd ever moved in his life.

Which led them to where they were now. Jeongin was curled up in the duvets, shivering despite sweating.

"Daddy's here, baby," Seungmin cooed as he sat down on the edge of the bed, reaching up with a hand to wipe Jeongin's sweaty bangs from his head. "Shh, Daddy's here."

Jeongin started to cry, so overwhelmed with everything he was feeling. He was so hot but so cold at the same time, his nose was still running even though he'd used two boxes of tissues in the last three hours and his nose was really starting to hurt from having to keep blowing it. His fingers were twitching and his whole body was shaking and he wanted nothing more than to just feel better again.

"Oh, my poor baby," Seungmin cooed. "It's ok, beautiful, Daddy's here. Daddy's got you."

Jeongin made grabby hands for Seungmin, and even though Seungmin knew he shouldn't, he picked Jeongin up and cuddled him close to his chest. Seungmin's immune system was pretty strong anyway, and Jeongin seemed a lot happier now that he was in his caregiver's lap.

He immediately clutched to Seungmin's t-shirt like a lifeline, and Seungmin stroked his hair gently, rocking the two of them from side to side in an attempt to get Jeongin to calm down. After about ten minutes, Jeongin's sobs had turned to small sniffles and whimpers, but he was still clinging to Seungmin.

"'M sowwy, Daddy..." He spoke up in a small voice, sniffling as he pushed his head into Seungmin's chest.

"Oh, sweetheart, you have nothing to be sorry for," Seungmin reassured, kissing Jeongin's forehead. "My baby is just all small and sicky and needs Daddy! Daddy understands, baby, and it's not your fault."

For the rest of the day, Seungmin cuddled with Jeongin in bed, rubbing his back and his arms and kissing his forehead and temples and hands and pretty much anywhere he could reach. Soon enough, Jeongin fell asleep cuddled close to Seungmin's chest, and Seungmin held him close the entire time.

~*~

i'm sorry this was so short! i couldn't concentrate much while writing this but i hope it's to your standard!