Chapter 9: Lies always come out

"Here." Kari said handing Tai a bag of clean clouthes. "I washed your laundry because you're way to lazy to do it yourself."

"I'm not lazy I'm tired. College shoves more work on you then highschool. It takes alot out of a person." He said flickering the tv channels. "Plus all the soccer workouts. I could use some laziness."

"So you're admiting you're lazy?"

"Uh no."

Kari rolled her eyes and sat on a chair. "When are you going back anyway? Don't you have classes tomorrow?"

He shrugged. "I guess but I don't really feel like going back."

"The work load can't be that bad, Tai." Kari said giving him a look. "You can't quit college."

Tai rolled his eyes. "I'm obviously not going to quit college. I just needed to come home for a night or so. Get away from my roomate and other stuff."

Kari nodded not about to push him forward into the conversation. "Well I'm going shopping with Yolie so I love you and will talk to you later. Have a safe trip back to the University since I probably won't see you." She gave her brother a quick peck on the head.

Tai nodded. "Love you too." As she left.

...

Matt heard a knocking at his dorm room door and got up to answer it. "Hello...whoa." He said taken aback at the girl who ran into his dorm room.

"Hi Matt." Jill said smiling brightly and taking a seat on a chair in the small room. "Living it up here at college?"

Matt felt himself smile at the cheerful girl. "Yup what do you think of my crib?"

"It should be on MTV!" She said jokingly.

Matt laughed as he took a seat on the edge of his bed. "So what are you doing here?"

She shrugged. "Defying my mother. She's looking through all my mail and blocking outsider calls, emails, and im's. She doesn't exactly like us being friends..."

"Uh ouch." Matt said realizing why she had never written him back.

"Sorry..." She said sincerely. "My mom's just a bit...overprotective."

"Liar."

"Well let's leave it at that." She said staring out the window. "Want to go get some food?"

"Sure chinese on you?" He smirked.

"How about chinese on you?"

"You?"

"No you?"

"You?" He said continuing to tease her.

"No me."

"Me?"

"Okay since you offered." She giggled as he realized what she had just said.

"Wait a minute." He said laughing as he ran after the girl who took off out of the room.

...