Chapter 16: Lost and Secrets

"This is so cute!" Mimi said running over to a t-shirt that said Paris on it. "I think I want it, the purple or the green, Izzy?"

"Mimi we're not on vacation!" Izzy groaned rolling his eyes at the girl in the airport store. She had seen some hat in the window and insisted that her life would end as a tragedy if she didn't buy it. Of course the minute she entered the shop her focus turned to another direction and now she was looking a the t-shirts.

"I know that but how many times in my life am I really going to get to go to Paris? I mine as well get a souviner." She said as she held up a shirt. "I think I want the purple." She said taking it off the rack.

"Fine but we're paying for this and leaving, that means no more stores, no resturaunts, no more places because we have to get to Tk and tell him about Kari."

"I know that. I do care about Kari and want Tk to get there for her you know. I wasn't planning on going anywhere else...god you make me sound so selfish." Mimi muttered walking up to the cash register. "Just this."

The women looked up. "Será quince euros (That will be fifteen euros.)"

Mimi gave her a confused look. "Huh...oh my god Izzy I can't speak French!"

"What else is new..."

"Shut up!" Mimi yelled at him. "EXCUSE ME. DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?" Mimi yelled at the woman like that was going to help. Izzy put his hand over his face trying to ignore the people staring at them.

"I do." Another lady walked over smiling, she had a french accent but her English was clear enough. "Zorry about zat. Zhe doezn't zpeak english but I do. That will be fifteen euros."

"Euros..." Mimi started realizing she only had Japanese money.

"I have it." Izzy said taking out his wallet and paying for Mimi. "Thank you." He said grabbing the bag and grabbing Mimi by the arm dragging her out of the store.

"Where did you get that money?" Mimi asked him as he handed her the bag.

"I went to get my money exchanged while you were drooling over the scarfs. Can we go now?" Izzy said irritated.

"Yeah, thank you." She smiled slightly. "I'll pay you back."

"No need." He sighed and looked the other way. "Let's just go find Tk. I got the directions, you ready to go."

"Yup let's go help Kari." She said leading the way out of the airport.

...

"Mr. Kamyia?" Tai looked up to see a doctor knocking on Kari's door. Kari was asleep again and Sora had gone to get some food for her and Tai.

"Yeah that would be me." Tai said looking up. "Is there something wrong? Is Kari still stable?"

"Oh this isn't about your sister this is about you." The doctor said looking at his documents. "The lab has recieved the results from the blood tests you took."

"Oh that..." Tai said slouching back nervously. "So? Am I good or screwed?"

"Well based on the test results your liver is completely clear of any diseases and is quite healthy. It looks as though you don't have the genes to obtain this disease and you are all right." The doctor said smiling.