Chapter 10: When fears become reality

Mimi smiled brightly at the sight of Sora's car turning into her driveway. She'd been looking forward to this little gettaway all week. It'd been difficult but she had manged to avoid Izzy for the most part during school but there had been a few run ins where she'd turn a corner to get away from him and he'd just look at Mimi with a hurt expression.

Sora got out of the car and ran up to give Mimi a hug. "I've missed you!" She squealed happily. "And I definetly need this vacation."

Mimi smiled at her. "I know what you mean I feel so stressed out!"

"Well then what are we waiting for let's hit the beach!" Sora said smiling and taking Mimi's bags to the back of her car. She stuffed them in the trunk and walked over to the drivers seat and opened the door to get in.

Mimi sat down in the passengers seat and sighed. "So tell me how's the whole Tai vs. Mike situation going?"

Sora looked sad as she pulled out of Mimi's driveway and started down the road. "Honestly he won't stop avoiding me! Maybe he just needs time to think...but still I'm trying here!"

"Wait who? We're talking about two guys here."

"Oh Tai." Sora said clearing it up. "To be honest I've become kind of lonely. I mean I have plenty of friends there and such but no one to crack a joke and cheer me up during my stressful late night reports."

"It'll work out." Mimi said staring out the window. "So do you think the water will be freezing?"

Sora shrugged. "I dunno it's October but usually this south there's still some warmth."

"Cool." Mimi replied closing her eyes and letting herself be free for the first time in a while.

...

"Where's Tk?" Yolie asked sitting at their now usual lunch table next to Kari. Davis was sitting across eating something along with some other teens that sat with them. The four usual just spoke amoung themselves though.

"France." Kari replied taking in a sip of water. "He went to a family reunion on his Mother's side."

"Oh that's cool." Yolie said. Then she smiled at the sight of Kari texting someone. "He texting you every five minutes?"

"No this is Jill actually." Kari said putting the phone back in her purse. "Tk's mom wouldn't let him or Matt take their phones with them because they felt the time needed to be set aside for the family. I guess I don't really blame them."

"How long will he be gone?" Davis asked bored. "I just realized he's my best friend and I'm sort of bored without him around."

Yolie rolled her eyes and Kari just laughed. "He'll be back in a week, I'm sure you can survive."

Davis rolled his eyes and then looked up at Kari. "Kari...what's on your hand?" He asked slowly.

"What do you mean?" Kari asked looking from him to Yolie.

Yolie looked down at Kari's hand and her face became pale. "Oh my god..." She whispered then pointed at Kari's hand. "What is that?" She asked nervously, as though she didn't want the real answer.

Kari looked at her hand to see the yellowish color now on her hand. First her arm now her hand? Kari looked up nervously and decided to confess. "I don't know but it's on my arm too..." She said lifting up her sleeve so they could see.