Chapter 19: Taking Action

Her pale face fell to the right and the next was a blur. Tk was screaming, begging Kari not to leave him as Jill stood as horrified as he did. She was crying and ran into Matt's arms as the others ran into the room at the sound.

Tai came running in and full protective mode saying stuff to doctors that Tk couldn't comprhend in the state he was in.

He felt someone pulling him away from her. He struggled but was then grabbed by another arm. He screamed again in dispair begging her not to die.

Everything was like a faded memory as the doctors rushed through trying to stabalize her. Soon he was pulled completely out of the room and was sitting in a chair. Izzy and Davis on both sides of him trying to calm him down, but he wasn't even yelling anymore. He was just sitting there in a complete daze. This couldn't be happening...it just couldn't.

Jill was crying hysterically and Matt was trying to calm her down while Yolie was screaming at some doctor who wasn't even Kari's doctor. In fact Tk was pretty sure he was just an intern and was in a very awkward postion.

Mimi had sat beside Izzy holding his arm with hers. She wasn't even looking at him she was just sitting there nervously, waiting. They were all waiting. That was all they could do.

Sora had pulled Tai out of the room and was trying to hold him back as he continued to panic. Screaming stuff that again was uncomprehendable to Tk. He just couldn't focus on anything.

"She's stable."

The words shook Tk out of his daze as he looked up at the doctor that stood before them. He wasn't even sure how long he'd been out of it.

"She's not doing good but she's stable for now." He said sighing. "The concern for her is getting higher. She needs to get a liver. I don't know if we'll be able to save her next time."

Everyone remained silent except for Tai who got up and left. Everyone stared at him in shock but said nothing.

"Can I see her?" Tk finally managed to say.

The doctor nodded. "Sure but I'd perfer if it was one or two at a time. No more fifty people in one room."

"I understand." Tk said getting up out of his chair and walking into the room.

She laid there with her eyes shut. The monitors were now beeping signaling that she had a heart beat. It was the best sound he could ever hear. He walked over to her and knelt beside her bed. "Kari." His whispered quietly in her ear. "Kari be strong, stay here with me." He closed his eyes and laid his head on her pillow.

...

"Jillian what are you doing near him!?" The sound of her mother's voice took her out of her state of shock. Jill looked over at her mom from the chair she was sitting in with Matt by her side holding her hand.

"Mom please not now, Kari just flatlined, she's okay but it's bad and..."

"Don't tell me not now! I let you come and see your friend and here you are hanging out in the waiting room with rocker boy?"

"Mom he's Kari's boyfriends, brother okay? Actually I didn't even know he was going to be here!"

"You clearly did. We're leaving. If you want to visit Kari, he can't be here."