Chapter 12: Ideas

Yolie sighed as she stood behind the counter taking orders from people. Happy people that had nothing wrong with their lives. That could stand there and laugh with their friends without a care in the world.

Seriously haven't all of her friends been through enough in the past year?

A group of girls walked up to her and the 'leader' came up to order.

"Can we like have a bucket of like low cal. chicken?" She asked twirling her hair and chomping on a piece of gum.

"Like no but you can like have a bucket of like normal chicken." Yolie said irritated and definetly not in the mood to put up with people like this.

The girl chomped on her gum and gave her a look. "Listen chicken girl just get what we ask and we won't get you fired."

"There's no such thing as low calorie chiken!" Yolie said annoyed.

"Uh hello it's like the kind without the grease." Another girl said flipping her hair and rolling her eyes. "Wow fat girls' these days just don't know what healthy food is."

That was the final straw and Yolie snapped. "Listen girly! I am not fat! Why don't you wake up out of your stupid dream world and order normal food! You're all going to die anyway eventually so what's the extra calories matter? HUH?"

The girls' stopped chewing their gum and gave her a dirty look. Some other people were staring at her in horror. Ken walked over to Yolie to calm her down.

"Yolie relax it's just an order. " He said trying to calm the girl down.

"No it's not just an order it's everything! It's the fact that people are so obsessed with stupid little things that they forget about the really important things in life!" Yolie said and she started to cry.

"Wow like freak alert." The leader girl said laughing.

"Okay okay." Ken said stopping them. "Whatever you want, Tim here will get you." He said then bent down next to Yolie. "Come on we're going to go outside and get you some fresh air.

She nodded and let him help her up as they headed outside.

...

"KARI!" Tai screamed bombarding the whole hospital as he ran into Kari's hospital room. He hadn't even cared to apologize to the nurse he had run into outside Kari's room knocking her and a bunch of folders over.

"Geez Tai could you make any more of a scene." Kari said not really surprised with her brother.

"Yeah I probably could of." Tai said out of breath. "How are you feeling? Izzy have you gotten any better alternate methods."

"I'm fine relax!" Kari said rolling her eyes.

"I haven't found anything better then a transplant, Tai." Izzy said focused on his computer on a couch in the large hospital room. The Kamyia's had requested a decently sized one with only one paitent access since Kari would be trapped there for awhile. "Sorry." He looked up apologetically.

Tai sighed and took a seat next to him. "It's okay it's not your fault." He looked over at Kari. "Where's Mom and Dad?"

"At the cafeteria. They rushed here pretty fast and hadn't gotten a chance to eat. Since all of you guys are here I said it'd be find to leave me alone for a little while." Kari explained.