Chapter 20: Making a decision

"Why again is our health class requiring us to do this ridiculous project?" Davis asked slouching in his seat next to Yolie.

"Because some girl in the senior class got pregnent and now they want to show us why we should avoid that exact situation." Yolie said staring out the window at the rain. She hated being in school and not knowing how Kari was doing at the hospital. It worried her, but she knew Tk was with the girl. He had ditched school to stay at the hospital with her. Those two were going to have loads of make up work.

"But I'm a guy I can't get pregnet!"

"That doesn't mean you can't be a parent dip head." Yolie said rolling her eyes as the teacher put some dolls on the front desk of the room. Then she called Yolie's name to come up and pick up the one of her choice. The girl came back with a brown haired, brown eyed, american boy doll.

"What are you naming it?" Davis asked curiously while waiting for him name to be called.

"I don't know...hmm maybe I should name it like Caleb. Yup his name is Caleb." Yolie decided looking at the doll.

"Caleb? I would have named him Elvis."

"Oh for heavens sake."

"Davis!" The teacher called as the boy got up to recieve his new 'child'. He came back with an baby boy that he named Lil' D as in Davis Jr.

Then Lil'D started to cry and Davis got this panicked look on his face clearly unsure of what he was supposed to do next. All Yolie could think was this was going to be one long week.

...

Jill coughed as walking to the campus in the rain from the bus stop was clearly getting to her. She already had a cold, she should have figured that walking in the cold downpours would only make it worse. She knew Matt had gone back to his college because he couldn't stay at the hospital with Tk forever. And she needed help, she hadn't had time to pack money, clothes, or food before she ran off and she had only had enough money in her pocket for a night at a motel that she had stayed at the night before.

She was let into the building by some other college boy. Then she headed down the hallway towards Matt's room remembering the way she had gone before. She knocked on the door and felt herself sneeze. Great. Now she was getting sick.

Matt opened the door and looked at her confused. First off she was completely drenched and second she should have been in school. "Jill what are you...?"

"I left." She said simply before he had time to finish his question.

"Jill..."

"She can't control me forever, Matt." The girl said determined and then sneezed again.

"You're getting sick. Come on. My roomate is barely ever here you can dry off and rest up in my bed. I have class." He led her inside the empty room where the other side was pretty empty. It was obvious the roomate wasn't around often.

"Do you have any clean clothes?" He asked even though he figured she didn't.

"No..." She said thinking about how she really should have packed some stuff before she ran off. The she sneezed again.

"Okay." He said going into his small closet and taking some stuff out. "Here you can wear my old baggy basketball shorts and one of my t-shirts." He said throwing the clothing items to her. "That will keep you dry for now. Now I seriously think you need to lay down because you're clearly getting sick."