Chapter 25: Moving On

"Then he took off and no one has seen him since." Davis said telling Yolie about Ken taking off.

"He must hate me. Who wants to be friends with someone with this much drama in their lives."

Davis gave her a look.

"Besides you, Davis." Yolie said rolling her eyes. "Anyway, I guess that's the end of me and Ken's friendship."

"Disfunctional Yolie scares another away." Davis joked with a smirk on his face and Yolie hit him in the arm.

"Yolie?"

The two turned to see Ken standing in front of them.

"K..ken." The girl said nervously. "Hey I thought you left."

"No I just had to go do something." The boy said quietly. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

He looked over at Davis. "Maybe alone?"

Davis sat there looking at him until Yolie turned and gave him a 'leave' look. "Oh sorry."

"So...what did you want to talk about?" Yolie asked nervously.

"First of all are you okay?" He asked sincerely.

"Yeah I'm fine, Mimi's having some complications but I think she's going to be okay." Yolie told him. "Anyway tell me, what's going on?"

"Well...I broke up with Megan." He said quietly.

"What? Why?" Yolie asked truly shocked at what he had just said. "Everything was going great between you guys, I saw it on the date..."

"You got hurt."

"Huh?" Yolie gave him a strange look. "Ken you're making absolutly no sense."

"I freaked Yolie!" He told her seriously. "I realized how scared I was and how...how much I like you."

"What?"

"I knew this was happening...but I didn't want to admit it. I mean I had a girlfriend! You're not supposed to fall for others when you have a girlfriend! I thought being friends would be fine but it wasn't. And when I found out you could be hurt...I realized dating Megan was wrong."

For the first time in her life Yolie had nothing else to say. She stood their in shock. He dumped Megan for her? How was that even possible.

"You're making me nervous. You're not speaking...which is scary in itself." Ken said awkwardly.

"I...but...huh?" Yolie managed to say. "You like me?"

"Yeah that's what I said."

"Oh...wow...oh my god!" Yolie broked out into a smile. "You like me!...I mean oh that's cool."

Ken couldn't help but smile at the girl. He walked over to her and took her hands in his. "I'm sorry I took so long."

She smiled as he leaned it to kiss her but Davis interuppted.