Chapter 17: The truth will tear you apart

"My feet hurt." Mimi said groaning at the dark sky as she sat on a bench on the side of the street. "It's so dark Izzy how are we ever going to find this place?"

Izzy sighed taking a seat next to her while staring at his map. "It has to be around here somewhere..." He looked down at a street sign. "If we go down that road two streets down is the street his grandfather lives on. Then we'll find the number and go from there."

"Fineeee." Mimi said getting up but just as soon as she did a car drove by splashing a puddle of water onto her. She turned and faced Izzy. "I hate my life!"

Izzy smirked and shook his head as he got up. "Come on we'll clean you up when we get to the house."

Mimi sighed clearly tired. "Fine let's just go. Wet jeans hurt to walk in." She followed him down the street.

...

"Hey." Kari said smiling weakly at Yolie who walked into the room.

"Hey Kar, how yeah feeling?" Yolie asked putting down her purse and sitting down next to her friend in the empty room.

Kari shrugged. "I'm okay, but oh guess what? Tai's okay! Isn't that great!"

"Yeah that's wonderful." Yolie said smiling. "Now you can finally focus on yourself."

Kari brushed it away. "How's Ken?" She asked with a slight smirk on her face.

Yolie groaned. "Very in love with his girlfriend. He's never going to be into me Kari."

"Have a little faith."

"Take your own advice."

"Okay I get it." Kari said rolling her eyes. "What do you want me to say? That I believe I'm going to live."

"Yes."

"Okay I'm going to live."

"Say it like you mean it."

"I'M GOING TO LIVE!"

"That a girl." Yolie said smirking. "Anyway here this will make you feel better. Davis made a total idiot out of himself today, he pretended to barf in order to get out of presenting his, not done, art project. Okay so here's what happened..."

Kari just smiled at her crazy friend.

...

"Jillian where are you going?" Jill rolled her eyes at the sound of her mothers voice echoing behind her.

"I'm going to see Kari, Mom. She's sick you know." Jill said turning around to face her mother. "I told you this."

"Yes but I'm starting to wonder if that's some excuse to see that rockstar boy." Her mother said seriously.

Jill gave her a disgusted and dramatic look. "Are you serious? You honestly think I'd FAKE Kari being sick!"

"Well I'm not sure with you lately, Missy. But just to be sure I'm going to take you to visit your friend from now on."

"Oh my god..."

"Don't give me that! Anyway I cannot take you today so you'll have to wait until tomorrow." Her mother said turning away.