Chapter 22: Waiting

Sora continuously tapped her food until she couldn't handle it anymore. "I'm going outside to get some air." She announced in the silence getting up and leaving.

Mimi took her head of Izzy's shoulder and watched her friend go. "I'm worried about her." She said quietly but since no one was speaking it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"She's just scared." Yolie said playing anxiously with the doll in front of her.

"Yeah..." Mimi said quietly. "I'm going to go with her. To make sure she's okay." She slid her hand away from Izzy and followed the footsteps of her best friend.

The sliming group sad anxiously looking around at each other and at Tk who wouldn't face any of them.

"Tk?" Davis said nervously not used to seeing his friend so out of it.

"Yeah?" He asked not turning to face them.

"Are you okay dude?" Davis asked giving his friend a concerned look.

"Why don't we know anything yet?" Tk asked.

"Tk it's been half and hour not hours." Yolie said sincerely.

TK shrugged his face still turned away. "When do you think they'll tell us?"

"I don't know dude." Davis said sighing. "Come on sit down you need to relax you're too stressed."

Tk just shook his head no and didn't respond.

"She's strong Tk." Yolie said softly. "And she has someone to fight for."

Tk finally turned around and looked at them. His eyes teary and his face strained. "I never told her."

"Told her what?" Yolie asked curious.

"How much I love her." Tk said turning away again.

...

"Can't you drive faster?"

"Do you want to get pulled over by the cops, who probably know your missing, arrest me for kidnapping, send you home, and then neither of us will ever end up at this hospital?" Matt asked sarcastically.

Jill rolled her eyes. "I get that but my grandmother drives faster."

"Does not."

"Does to."

"I'm going the speed limit!"

"There are turtles passing us Matt!" Jill said impaitently. "Oh my god are you serious?" She yelled.

"Great now we're stuck in a traffic jam."

"Ugh." The girl groaned clearly annoyed.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so impaitent." Matt commented sitting back and looking at her as he was stuck behind a bunch of cars now.

"I don't think I've ever wanted to get somewhere so badly." Jill said sighing. "I'm just really scared Matt. I grew up with Kari, I've known her forever, it was hard enough when she moved away if she...I'm just scared."