Chapter 5: Out of Comfort Zone

"I think he needs more training for his chest, Mike," said Yue, as her eyes scanned him from top to bottom. "Yes, you're right, baby. He also has really nice broad shoulders. I think we should focus on that," Mike responded.

Didi was feeling extremely awkward. There he was only in his black trunks, scrutinized by his trainers. He felt like Captain America, an experimental object before he turned buff. As a model, he was used to undressing in front of people but everything had changed after he gained weight. It would probably take him a while to get used to this again. He was especially conscious around Yue today, for reasons he could not explained, since she had seen him topless before.

She got up and moved behind him. "Didi, your back is coming out nicely. Can you just contract your muscles?" She traced her fingers on his back downwards and he felt tingles along his spine. He closed his eyes. Please don't do that, Yue, he silently pleaded.

"Mike, please work on his glutes as well. I will be changing his meal plan once your training starts with him." She patted his arm and smiled at him. "You're making good progress Didi. By the prelim round, you will be competition material." Having her lingered her hand on him caused something else on his body to react. He shifted his feet and cleared his throat, forcing a smile. "Thank you coach, can I get dressed now?"

She nodded. "Oh, are you going out with the boys tonight?"

"Yes, we're going for a drink."

"Good for you. You deserve it. I still have a few matters to talk to Mike. See you at home later." She then turned to Mike and started discussing the next phase of his plan. Didi felt a little insecure comparing himself next to Mike, who was fit and toned. Of course, Yue would choose him. As he left, he did not notice the soft glance Yue gave him.

Mike did though. "You like him, don't you?"
"You're being silly, Mike." she said.
"He looked pretty smitten by you."
Yue looked at Mike. "I don't mix work with personal feelings and you know that, Mike."

"Of course I do. That is why I hired you as my partner. And you made me call you 'baby' in front of your male clients." he said, shaking his head.

She laughed. "It's a good plan, isn't it? Otherwise both of us will be busy with all those suitors." Mike was already engaged and getting married to his high school sweetheart next year.

"But sometimes, when destiny comes, why run away from it?"

"I'm not ready for relationship right now. I don't think I will ever be..."

"Say that enough times and you will believe your own story." He grinned.

"Mike! That is my line. Why are you using it against me?" She smacked his arm. He laughed. Mike had a great laugh and amiable personality. That was why they could get along well. But like her, he was very strict during trainings. He was her confidante and almost like a brother. After all, she owed it to him for helping her get back on her feet.

"All I'm saying is Yue...it's time to move on. Create a new story, a new life. You have to stop living in the past."

Yue listened quietly. If only it was that easy to let go.....

"Lets talk about Wang He Di's next phase."

Mike smiled. Avoidance had always been her way to escape reality. But he respected her and loved her as his own sister. "Okay Yue. If you need someone to talk to, I will be ready."

_____________________

No one was home when she came back from her jujitsu session. Didi had not returned from his gathering with the F3 boys. Since she moved in, he stayed accountable to what he did and where he go so she could make sure he did not go off track.