Chapter 14: Don't Make Assumptions

⚠️ Mature content

"What is happening with you and Didi?" Zi Wei asked when Didi went inside the changing room. Yue was sulking and not talking to him. They both sat at the edges of the sofa during the briefing and when it was over, Didi quickly got up and took his attire to change.

"He makes me angry. You have no idea, Zi Wei." Yue ranted. "Who said he is a nice guy? He is just another player."
Zi Wei looked surprised. "Was there a misunderstanding?"
"Don't care, won't care. Once his prelim is over, I'm outta his place and back to my life," she muttered. "He had brought me nothing but chaos."
Suddenly, Zi Wei chuckled.
"What are you laughing, Wei?"
"I have not seen you angry with any guys before. Except for Jia Ming and he deserved it. I mean like you are hardly agitated like this."
"I'm always the way I am before!" She protested.
"Uh huh, but not fuming mad. You're the cool queen. You never show your emotions. Oh, here he comes. The man who made Ice Queen mad and melted the ice." Zi Wei joked. Yue smacked her arm.

Didi appeared in his evening wear, which was one of the categories for his prelim contest. He was wearing a dark green jacquard suit with some floral embroidered motive at the side of the jacket and even on his pants. Yue had to admit that he looked drop dead gorgeous. She swallowed her saliva and felt her heart skipped a beat.

"WOW!" Zi Wei exclaimed. Dee Hsu who was busy on a call earlier came over and gushed all over him. "This is the one, Wei! It's perfect for him. What do you think, Yue?"
Yue nodded and mumbled "Uh huh..ok."
Didi looked at her, a little disappointed with her response but he gave his biggest smile. "Yue, you're right. Zi Wei is gifted. I'm glad you gave her the job." Yue nodded and looked away. She was not going to let his signature megawatt smile affect her.

"Didi, here is one more attire. This one has a matching set with a female outfit." Zi Wei showed him a cream colored suit and a pink one, both similar in designs but different cutting. "The cream dress goes with the pink suit."

"Why don't you try the female suit, Yue?" Dee Hsu suggested. "Me? No, it's okay I don't wear dresses or suits, Hsu-jie." Yue declined politely. She was aware that Didi was watching her.
"Just do it this time. Be a sport, Yue!" Hsu-jie continued coaxing her.
"Support me, Yue. This matching outfits are actually my favourite." Zi Wei smiled. Finally, Yue gave in and she walked into the dressing room.

When she came out, everyone stopped and stared at her. Her eyes rested on his. Didi was in his cream suit and looking handsome but his eyes were gazing at her with admiration that she had to break away from his stare.

"Shen Yue! Oh my God, you look gorgeous! I told you to wear more dresses like this!" Zi Wei squealed

"Shen Yue! Oh my God, you look gorgeous! I told you to wear more dresses like this!" Zi Wei squealed. Dee Hsu was nodding approvingly. "It is perfect for you Yue. Didi, come and stand next to her."

He walked towards her shyly, his hand went behind his ear. Yue shifted her feet awkwardly. "Stand closer. Perfect. Look at them." Zi Wei took a photo of them.
"Do you need us to pose?" Didi asked.
"Yeah, why not? Why don't you put your hand around her waist?"
Yue's eyes widened and looked menacingly at Zi Wei who was smiling. When Didi's hand went around her waist, she was so conscious of his presence. What is happening to her body after that kiss? Her hands started feeling clammy, her heart was jamming against her chest.