Chapter 13: When Two Are Better Than One

The stick method did not last even a week. Nothing happened between them after that so she did not need to use it any longer.

Yue started to notice there were more girls who frequented the gym recently. On normal circumstances, she would not be paying attention. Until that day, a particular girl caught her eye. She was standing near to where Didi was training with Mike. Her hands were holding a pair of dumbbells but her eyes were in constant direction towards him. When Didi took a break, she would do the same. Yue observed her.

She sat down on the bench in her very pink short shorts and only workout bra, bending low, revealing her cleavage. Then, she stood up and caught Didi's eyes and winked at him. Didi smiled back. Typical, she thought, rolling her eyes. The next thing she did took her by surprise. She held her water bottle up and 'accidentally' squeezed water on her body, making her looked like she was sweating. She then picked up the dumbbells and did a few bicep curls while trying to catch Didi's eyes again. Yue cringed in annoyance.

The next few days, the F3 boys were also working out at the gym with Didi. Some random girls were at the gym and they would somehow hang around their area, as though waiting to chat with them. Kang and Kuan seemed excited having all the attention, while Didi and Xi Ze were focused on their workouts mainly.

She took the next break to go up to them. "Didi, psst....did you notice all these girls are in the gym to see you or your friends?" Didi looked around and the three girls waved at him. He grinned. "I suppose so. I didn't really notice." Yue scowled. "I didn't know you have fans. I mean you took a year break. And how did they know you were working out here?" Didi showed her his phone. "Weibo. I have been active recently. Oh, have you seen our BTS video of Arxan photoshoot? It was one of the best we have done!" The others overheard and showed their Weibo accounts as well.

It dawned upon Yue that all these girls were flocking here since the F4 boys posted that video and it went viral in Shanghai! They found out where the boys were doing their workouts and decided to 'bump' into them. A strange uneasy feeling came to Yue suddenly as he turned away from her to talk to the fangirls, as the other boys joined in the conversation. "Woman killer? More like woman magnet." She muttered.

Mike saw her pouting and came over "Baby! What's wrong?"
She turned to Mike "Nothing. What can go wrong? Mike, you can get more clients. There are so many girls in the gym now."
Mike laughed. "Are you jealous? I know these girls came to watch Didi."
Her eyes widened. "Me, jealous? How ridiculous! I just can't take why girls would throw themselves at him like that."
"Didi could charm everyone in the room but one." He whispered to her ear "the Ice Queen."
Yue looked indignant and smacked Mike's arm. "Mike!"
Mike laughed and put his arm on her shoulder. "I'm just teasing you. I know the ice had melted long time ago. Perhaps it's time to be true to your feelings, Yue."
She smiled weakly "I don't even trust myself."

"Ah don't think so much about it! Come, I need you to train the last part with Didi. Let's do upper body circuit. Didi, we are starting!" Mike called him.

Didi came running, looking excited. "What are we doing?" Mike looked at both of them. "Upper body circuit with Yue. We start with the decline push-ups and followed by skull crushers. Yue, can you do 15kg for that? Didi can support you." She nodded and smiled menacingly at Didi. "You better focus. And stop staring at those leggy girls." A few of them were glancing their way. One of them were scanning her up and down, as though she was a virus. Didi scrunched his nose and shrugged.

Yue started with the push ups first while Didi completed the skull crushers with a 20kg weight. Since he finished fast, he did the push ups as well before Yue got on the bench for her turn. "Yue, let me get you the bar." Didi volunteered.