Chapter 11: Everything Happens for a Reason

When they came back to Shanghai, they got into their own routine quickly. Didi started his training with Mike and saw less of Yue as she had also double classes for her Pilates course. The prelim was just one month away and he needed to focus fully to prepare himself. Hua-jie had him meet sponsors, and designers including Zi Wei who was excited about creating a special themed fashion for Wang He Di. They still trained on the weekends together and sometimes he would meet her at the gym where she would be training alone. One day, however she showed up with a guy, a six-footer. He had a clean, shaven look and obviously needed to tone up as well. Mike noticed Didi was checking them out during the breaks in between.

"That's my new client, Wang Yi Bo. I asked Yue to train him for a few sessions since I will be working with you. He is also working to compete in the China Model Search prelim round." Mike said, checking Didi's reaction.

"Oh, I thought he was Yue's new client." Didi said, trying to sound casual but Mike could tell he was jealous.

Mike smiled. "I know Yue. She choose her clients. That is her style. I told her she can be doing more but she insists that she produce more results by being focused. Once you completed your prelim round, she will have a list of new clients waiting for her." He patted Didi's shoulder. "You're very lucky to have her. Let's get started."

Didi nodded and resumed his position on the bench. He glanced at them and caught her smiling at Yi Bo. Why did she look so friendly with him? And isn't she with Mike?

Since that day, he would see them almost everyday at the gym. Didi tried to ignore watching them. Wang He Di, focus!! he scolded himself.

_______________

The first week coming back from Arxan passed by pretty quickly. Yue had wanted to spend some time with her housemates after her training with Didi today while he had an extra fashion design class. They promised to meet for lunch tomorrow.

"Girls, are you done with this store? I want to check out the sports attire next." Yue asked, looking bored.

Jia Qi and Zi Wei looked at her exasperated. "Why can't you get something else besides sportswear? Like you have hundreds of sports bras, leggings shorts and shoes!"

She laughed. "Because I wear them most often. If I buy a skirt, it will just be a waste of money. Besides it's just comfy wearing these" pointing to her sports hoodie and rainbow leggings.

"Our friend is going to end up being single." Zi Wei sighed.

"What makes you think that guys don't like sporty girls?" Yue asked.

"You, of all people, deserve love. What about Wang He Di? I don't understand why you are not considering him." Jia Qi frowned.

Yue smiled and casually flipped through some shirts "Give me ten reasons to consider him, Jia."

"You have no idea, Yue. He dashed out to look for you when the blackout happened at Arxan..." Zi Wei said excitedly.

"Don't you have feelings for him? He's nice, handsome, caring, stable job....." Jia Qi went on.

"So, that's just five reasons. Jia, you sound like my mom trying to match-make me. All I wanna say is he is a nice guy, we get along well so far and.... mind your own business!" Her friends looked at her with concern. "I said earlier, right? Let love find me."

Zi Wei muttered "My friend, if you insist on being blind, you will miss the so-called love."

Yue smiled. "Blind, I shall be then." Her phone received a ping.