Chapter 10: Fix and Celebrate

Shen Yue was excited. She was going to cook dinner for everyone and started prepping the ingredients right after breakfast. The boys were out doing their photoshoot so she made her housemates helped her in the kitchen.

"Girls, this is my list of Hunan dishes that I'm making tonight except for the omelette with ants." Yue gave them the piece of paper. The girls looked at it and started reading out loud. "Dong'an chicken, Mao's braised pork, shredded pork with peppers, steamed fish head with pepper, big pot cauliflower, smacked cucumbers. Reading it makes us salivate!"

"But, Yue most of these dishes are quite spicy and you of all the Hunanese I know does not take spicy that well," said Jia Qi.
Zi Wei elbowed Jia Qi. "Hush, Jia! Yue is cooking for the Sichuan boy."
Yue turned around and put her hands on her hips. "Are you girls helping or gossiping?"
Both of them stood up straight and put their hand on their head. "Helping!"
Yue gave them instructions to chop the veggies, garlic, ginger, chilies, while she handled the meats.

"Yue, what did you do last night with Didi? We want the truth." Jia Qi asked, while removing the seeds from the cucumbers.
"Nothing. He just came over to my tent and spent the night there." She replied nonchalantly.
"He WHAT??" Both the girls exclaimed same time. "Did he...did you...?"

Yue glared at them. "Nothing happened, okay. He just wanted to make sure he is there if the blackout happens again."
Jia Qi giggled. "If you asked me, I think he is infatuated with you."
Yue smiled, "Only YOU can make a fairytale from nothing."
Zi Wei was chopping the chillies and sniffing," I think both of you make a great pair." 
"You said that about me and Kido as well," Yue pointed out. "Stop pairing me up with guys. We need to speed up our work before the staff come and cook lunch."
"Since it's our last night here, let's stay awake and share ghost stories!" Jia Qi suggested excitedly.
Zi Wei and Yue groaned.
"Can we bunk in with you tonight? Your tent looks inviting." Zi Wei asked, "and invite F4 to join us for a drink."

Yue's eyes widened. "NO!" thinking that the boys would find out about Didi's sleepover eventually. "Awwww....don't be a spoilsport. Let's do it for Jia Qi. She is in love with the Xi Ze."
"Hush, Wei! You cannot keep a secret, can you?" Jia Qi said blushing.
Yue smiled. "Xi Ze is perfect for you. All right, do it for them. After dinner, you guys can come over. But no Cheng Xiao please!"
The girls shouted "Yay!"

Time flew when they finished all the preparations. Yue had the braised pork cooked first since that would take the longest time. It was actually one of Didi's favourite Hunan dish.

______

They were taking a break from the photoshoot. Hsu-jie had chosen an autumn collection by local fashion brand, Shanghai Tang this time and it was the boys' favourite designer so they nailed every pose required, much to her delight. It seemed they might be able to finish by lunch time.

Xi Ze draped his arm over Didi's shoulder and smiled. "Brother, what exactly happened last night? Did you think I would believe that you went out for a night walk and then the sunrise training? That was brilliant but it didn't seem like Yue's thing."
Kuan and Kang joined in to interrogate him.

"Actually I really believe the sunrise training," Kuan said. "Kuan, you are sometimes so gullible," Kang laughed. "Girls like gullible men," Kuan defended himself.
"Hey, the topic is on Didi, not you two," Xi Ze said. "Did you and Yue do something....ahem....like crossing the boundary?"
Didi had a lopsided smile, and was looking down, as he felt a blush coming up. His hands were shredding a weed. Kuan took it from him.

"Hey!"
"Didi, stop behaving like a schoolgirl. Your face is all red."
"It's the air. Look, nothing happened. I stayed in her tent to make sure that she is okay in case the blackout comes back. Happy?"
"Ahhhhhhhhh......"
"Ah what? You guys better don't tell her what you knew. Or I'm going to make sure you cease to exist tomorrow."
"First, you are sharing the same apartment, then the same tent. I won't be surprise if you are sharing the same bed very soon!" Kang teased.
Didi's face got even redder. "You are being ridiculous. I'm not coach's type."
"Did she say that?"
"No, but....."
"So the options are open. Do you need help in 'fixing' her up with you?"
"Kang, I never trust your ideas when it comes to girls or relationship."
"Who say anything about relationship? Let's invite the girls for a drink tonight. Including Coach Shen." Kang winked.