Chapter 8: Do It Afraid

"Good morning, coach." Didi grinned. She looked fresh in her Nike attire, and her hair bundled up as usual. "Morning. Shall we wait for them a few minutes to see who is joining us?" she suggested. "Xi Ze is still sleeping when I left the room. He's not coming."

"Hmm....neither are my housemates. They sent me a message saying that they want to sleep in. What about Cheng Xiao? She seemed so excited to run with you yesterday." She said, with a smile in her eyes. Didi rolled his eyes. "I didn't ask her."
"She is really smitten by you. Teach her a few modeling tricks. Wu yi said she just started."
"So I heard. She will learn it along the way." They chatted a few more minutes and realized no one was coming. "Let's go. They missed out a beautiful day to run."

Indeed it was lovely and the run was extremely pleasant with the fresh air. Didi did not feel tired at all. He also noticed that she ran a slower pace this time, perhaps to accommodate to him. His fitness levels have improved so much, sometimes he did not believe it himself. Glancing sideways to check his coach, he felt a teensy bit of pride that she chose to train him.

When Didi and Yue came back from running, there was a gathering in the living room. "What's going on?" Didi asked. Hsu-jie smiled. "We are going to the peak of white wolf town today. Our photoshoot is postponed till tomorrow as Meng-ge is not feeling well. You better get ready with Yue."

Yue had gone to make their breakfast smoothies in the kitchen. He popped his head and told her the news. She seemed excited. "I heard they built new zip lines for flying fox, which I really want to try." She did not notice Didi's look changed at the mention of flying fox. "Here is your smoothie. I need a shower before we head out. Good workout today!" She said as she patted his arm.

Kido drove the car and Didi volunteered to sit in front while Yue and Hsu-jie sat behind. Cheng Xiao wanted to join Didi but Jia Qi was quick enough to pull her in the car. "So when did you start modeling?" Kido asked Didi. "About 3 years ago professionally but I had been doing stints during uni as well," he replied. Kido smiled. "Uni days are the best. Yue was one year my junior and we had some crazy times together. Right, yue?" He said looking at the rear mirror. Yue smiled. "The best and worst years of my life." Didi turned back and looked at her when she said that. "Worst years?" She mouthed "Jia Ming." to him.

Before Didi could respond, Kido said "I think life is only exciting if you have both. I hope you remember more of the good times than the bad, Yue." She was looking out of the window, and then she turned to him "You introduced me to him, Kido. I blame you." Kido laughed. "Kid, I'm not a matchmaker. Who asked you to reject me, Yue?" Didi's eyes widened as he looked at Kido. Another one of Yue's suitor? He thought. He turned behind and saw Yue smiling. "You're like a brother to me, Kido." Didi kept quiet as they continued to chat. Hsu-jie took a nap during the car ride till they reached the foot of the hill.

They arrived at the peak about half hour
It was a magnificent view from the top! They could see the overview of the town and it's surroundings. After a few touristy shots, Kido beckoned them to the zip lines station. "Hi everyone, this is the newest addition in Arxan. You can literally take the flying fox down all the way to where we first started. It's just a short way but exciting. Who would like to try?"

Everyone shot up their hands except for Didi. "Didi, are you sure?" Kido asked. Didi's ears reddened when everyone looked at him eagerly. Cheng Xiao pulled his sleeve. "Didi, it will be fun! I can do it with you." He looked at her and slowly nodded his head. Yue noticed that he was a bit pale but she kept quiet.

They started to line up to get their helmets and harness ready. Yue touched Didi's arm. "You don't have to do this, Didi, if you don't want to." He looked at her and whispered,"I am afraid of heights." She nodded. "I will do it with you." She squeezed his arm. She was about to turn away when he caught her hand. His hand was clammy. Yue looked up and smiled. "It will be fun."