Chapter 19: Every Challenge is an Opportunity

"I can't believe today is the day!" Zi Wei exclaimed. "The world is going to see my designs. Yue, I'm so excited!" Yue laughed. "Looks like you're even more excited than the contestants," she commented. The show was about to start and they took their seats in a special area for staff and workers, which gave them easy access to backstage.

"You can't blame me, Yue. I have been dreaming about this for so long." Zi Wei eyed Yue. "I have to say that tonight you looked more 'handsome' than Wang He Di, wearing this."
Yue had picked a seemingly men's outfit, her hair was combed neatly to the side. She felt very comfortable in this. "Too bad I'm not that tall or else I can even enter the contest disguised as a guy!"
Zi Wei chuckled. "Good idea."

Yue saw Jia Qi and F3 boys from afar and waved at them

Yue saw Jia Qi and F3 boys from afar and waved at them. They headed over to their area.
"Wow, Yue. You look gorgeously handsome tonight. I think I'm in love," joked Jia Qi.
Zi Wei smacked her arm. "Get in line. I saw her first."
Yue chuckled. "You girls need to grow up."
"Yue, you look like us now. We can have one more member and become the F5," teased Kuan.
"After I find a potion that can make me grow taller!" Yue laughed.

"How is our brother, Wang He Di doing?" Xi Ze asked.
"He is doing final touch ups for the opening performance. The flow should be in the program book. The first category is swimwear, evening wear and final is the themed costume. I have not seen that. Zi Wei, why are you so secretive about it?" Yue asked.

Zi Wei smiled. "Because it's fun to keep it under wraps. I stayed up few nights to fix it up. You will know it later."

The music started and the host made the announcement for everyone to take their seats. "I will go back stage after the opening to check on the costumes again, Yue." Zi Wei said. Just about that time, a backstage voice sounded over the hall,
"Welcome to China Model Search 2021. We present to you tonight's grand opening performance. Our fifteen semi-finalists. Please give them your loudest applause."

The stage was set and the models strutted out in their sporty attire while some somersaulted in. Didi was carrying a basketball together with RunZe. They started shooting some hoops on stage, much to the audience delight. Some were doing push ups and boxing while two models were hung from the wire with a bow and arrow. Yue silently gave thanks that someone willingly replaced him. The final segment of the song showed them dancing together. But that was not final. Didi, RunZe and a few other guys started doing multiple slam dunks using trampolines to send them flying to the net! They were extremely synchronized. They have their final pose and wave before running backstage. The audience cheered and went wild.

"Please welcome your hosts for tonight, Xie Na and Jackson Wang." Everyone applauded. Zi Wei squealed "Oh my God, I love Jackson!" Jackson is a singer, model and host known for his good looks and talent. He was the right person to be host, together with an experienced Happy Camp host, Xie Na.

"Tonight is a very significant night for our contestants as there will only be one champion for this prestigious award. The winner will receive a contract with Ford Models for one year and a 2 million yuan, plus magazine and catwalk opportunities." Xie Na told the audience.