Lawyer Jacob

( A Pic Of Loren )

Nawal

'' That was awesome! '' Loren says and takes a bite from her pasta salad. '' Really? '' I laugh. '' Yeah, did you see boss face? He looked really shocked. '' She chuckles. '' I know, he deserves it. ''

'' Why? '' Loren asks. I look at her. '' umm, well I don't know. '' I fake laugh. She rolls her eyes. '' Nawal... I'm going to tell you a secret, but don't tell anyone. '' She says and looks around. '' I won't. '' I promise her and smile.

'' I like Matthew. '' She whispers so no one can hear her. I look at her confused. '' Who is Matthew? '' I ask trying to not look dumb. '' Dude! Did you already forget our boss's name? '' She laughs. '' Ohhh, Matthew. WAIT DO YOU LIKE OUR BO- '' I feel people staring at us. '' shhh! yes, I do, please don't tell anyone. '' She begs. '' I won't! But why? '' I ask, like really why? He may be cute and that but his personality is boring.

'' The way he talks, the way he smiles, the way he walks everything he does makes my heartbeat. '' She says placing her hand on her chest. '' I need to throw up. '' I joke. '' Shut up, but like I can't see my life without him. The reason I live is for him. '' She looks down and blushes. Damn, this girl is crazy for that guy. '' Why don't you confess your love then? '' I say taking a bite from my homemade Dolma.

'' It's not easy Nawal, what if he doesn't feel the same? It would be awkward. '' She says. '' Your right, how long have you been liking him? '' I ask her. '' Since I started working here, and I've been working here for 4 years now. '' She says looking at her pasta. I open my eyes widely. '' What? You're joking. ''

'' Sadly not, I wish I wasn't into him. '' I hear how voice starts trembling. '' I'll make him fall in love with you. '' I look at her. '' Really?! How? '' She asks.

'' I have my ways. ''

A few hours later

'' HE'S YOUR BOSS?! '' Leila and Saja shouts. '' Ouch my ears, and yes. '' I answer. '' I can't believe you, how? '' Saja says confused. '' I don't know, he's just everywhere. '' I answer her.

'' Fate. '' We hear Leila say. Saja and I look at Leila. '' What? '' Saja asks confused. '' It must be fate, you're probably meant to be. '' She looks at us. Saja and I look at each other, the next second we burst out laughing. '' You need some sleep, Leila. He's atheist, and my husband must be Muslim!. '' I look at her laughing.

'' You'll see. '' She says.

Ding Dong

We look at each other. '' Who Is it? '' I ask Leila. '' Probably the neighbors. '' She says. We follow her to the door. She opens the door and guess who it is.

Karim and the guy he was hanging out with in the club. '' You must be Leila, I'm Jacob. I think we need to talk somethings out. '' The guy says. I see Karim looking down like he doesn't dare to look at Leila. '' Sure, come in. '' Leila offers them.

We sit in the living room. Leila brings water for Jacob. '' Thank you. '' He thank her and she sits in front of them. '' Before we start, who are you to Karim? '' Leila asks Jacob. '' Karim is a very close friend of mine, or he was. He always lied to me about things, I had no clue he had a wife, and I've known him for a few years now. '' Jacob says looking at Leila. '' Continue. '' She says.

'' I found out when you're friends were arguing with him in the club, I felt so dumb for not figuring it out. My friend Matthew, he warned me but I never listened. '' I roll my eyes when I hear him mention Boss's name. Why am I even calling him boss?

'' I don't know what to say... You say it as It's your fault. '' Leila says. '' I know, but I'm the type of person who feels bad for something that I didn't even do '' He chuckles.