But You

Nawal

" but my feelings for you are absolutely insane,'' he says softly, I look at him confused. How can Matthew, one of the richest persons in the world like me? He could get any girl he wants, what does he see in me? I'm just a poor Muslim who is useless. '' Matthew, why me? You could have all the women you want. Why me? '' I stutter while I feel my body shaking. 

He takes some steps closer to me, '' Nawal, you need to understand that you're a woman who is different from any woman else. I don't know how to explain this, but something you do makes me wanna jump out of an airplane. '' A big hot smile appears on his face.

I feel my heart pound in my throat, I just stare at him I don't know what to say. '' Nawal say something. '' He says. I bite my lower lip before I open my mouth. '' To be honest Matthew I don't believe your words. I mean how can you- '' He interrupts me by taking my hand and placing it in his chest. I feel his chest pounding really fast, I become really warm. 

'' Do you believe my words now? '' He gives me small smile and I feel how nervous I become, he's making me sweat.

'' Matthe- '' I try to say something but get interrupted by someone opening the door, I immediately let go of Matthew's chest. We turn around and we see a girl that I've never seen coming in, '' Matthew! '' The girl throws her self at him. '' I missed you! '' She says while hugging his waist. I feel how angry I became like I was jealous. '' Ariana, I missed you too! '' He says, I roll my eyes and look at them. '' How could you not visit your sister! '' She slaps his arm, oh, she's Ariana. Matthew told me about her, she is his sister from another mother. I feel much calmer now, wait why do I even care? 

'' I'm sorry Ari, I've been busy all this time. '' He answers her, She smiles and nods. She looks at me, '' Hi I'm Ariana, Matthew's sister. '' She says shaking my hand. '' I know, I'm Nawal. I'm Mr.Bayaroads assistants assistant '' I say and smile back. '' Ohh, okay. So you're new? '' She asks. '' Well you could say that. '' I say.

 We stand there with silence between us all '' Did I interrupt something? '' She asks nervously and I immediately shook my head, '' No, No of course not! ''  I look at Matthew who's looking down while shaking his head. '' Well, I'm not going to disturb you anymore. '' I say and I'm about to walk out when I feel Matthew grabbing my arm, I look at him confused. '' Meet me later. '' He says loudly, I look at his sister who looks at us confused. I turn around to look at Matthew. '' Boss, I do- '' 

'' Nawal, do as I say. '' He says looking at me so serious. '' Fine. '' I say and walk out.

Matthew

After she closes the door I take a deep breath, I look at Ariana who looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed. '' I hope there's nothing going on between you two. '' She says, I look at her confused. '' What do you mean? '' I ask her. She takes some steps closer towards me, '' You know how dad feels about Muslims. You know he hates them. '' She says softly, I shake my head. '' Ariana, I don't care what dad thinks. '' I tell her and she looks at me confused. '' So you really like her? '' She asks me with her eyes wide open. '' Let's not talk about it now, so how's your mother and brother doing? '' I ask her trying to change the subject.

'' Just fine, you should visit us sometimes. '' She grins, '' Of course, I missed you all. '' I say and she chuckles. '' Um... So I heard Ryan was back in California, Is that true? '' She asks nervously, '' Mhm, his working here too, why? '' I ask while looking at some work papers. '' Nothing, just wondering. '' 

A few hours later

All the employees have gotten home and I texted Nawal to meet me downstairs, I walk out of the elevator and see her standing beside the entrance. I walk towards her and see her smiling at her phone. '' Nawal, why do I always catch you smiling at your phone? '' I ask her, She looks up at me. '' Oh, I was just texting  Leila. '' She says nervously. '' Fine, come with me. '' I say.