Aunt Rima?

Nawal

'' No he didn't! '' She jumps from her bed, '' Yes he did! '' I scream and she laughs. '' So now you're dating a billionaire? '' She winks at me and I laugh. '' Omg I remember you hated him and talked shit about him, now you love him. '' She says and I smile. '' Love who? '' A familiar voice says and we look towards the door. We see Saja coming into the room looking all... depressed?

'' Saja? What's wrong? '' We ask her confused. She looks down and sits down in Leila's bed. She takes some deep breaths before she talks. '' Nothing, I just felt a little sad... '' She tells us. I look at Leila who looks at me confused. '' Saja, tell us what happened. '' Leila says. '' I promise It's nothing. '' She looks up trying to smile. She's lying, I've never seen Saja cry because she's just '' a little sad ''. That just doesn't make any sense. '' Saja, if there's something you have in your heart you could always talk to us. '' Leila walks over to her and hugs her tightly. '' Thank you guys, don't worry. '' She sobs and smiles.

'' But Nawal who's clothes are you wearing? '' I look down, '' ohhh... Mohsin's! '' I stutter. I see Leila trying to laugh, '' Why? '' She asks. I look around, '' well, cause their comfy! '' I say and she nods. '' They do look comfy, but too big. I didn't know Mohsin was that fat? '' She says and I hear Leila burst out laughing. '' hehe yes. '' I chuckle.

I borrowed some clothes from Leila because I couldn't walk home with me wearing Matthew's clothes. I walk into my home and heard my mother talk with another woman in the kitchen. I walk in to say hi when I see Aunt Rima! '' Aunt Rima! '' I run and hug her tightly. '' Nawal! My daughter! I've missed you! '' She hugs me back. I pull away for a second, '' Aunt Rima! You told me that you would be back soon, It's been two years since you left! '' I say and she laughs. '' Sorry Binti (my daughter) It was hard for me to leave Iraq, I loved it so much there. '' She pets my cheek, '' You're right, Iraq is so much fun than here. But still, I missed you. '' I say and she chuckles.

Aunt Rima is my father's sister's best friend since they came to the USA, yes the same sister that got beaten up by my father. She got to know my mom and they became really close friends. When they had me she loved me and always took care of me. She raised me with my mom, she used always to come over because she wanted to meet me, she even used to sleepover so she can stay with me. She taught me things that my mother didn't even teach me, one example is dolma. She taught me how to do dolma, fasolje, biryani and Kobet shorbe (Asian food). She's lovely, amazing and my best friend. She was born here so she's American from Iraq, like me. I've heard that Aunt Rima had an awful past but I never asked her about it, they say she had a son and husband but something happened and she had to flee away. I feel really sorry for her, I mean she has a son out there and she can't meet him? That's awful.

'' So how are you doing these days? Found a job? A man? '' She asks and I chuckle, '' Actually, she has found a job, a good one. '' My mom says and winks at me. '' Oh where? '' She asks curiously. '' You know the famous Company Bayaroads, she works there as the boss's assistant's assistant. '' My mom smiles at her, Aunt Rima's smile turned into a straight expression.

She looked at us shocked. She got lost in thoughts like something got into her. '' Aunt Rima? '' I say, she looks up at me and she shakes her head. '' Oh, Mashallah my daughter. You're so lucky. '' She fakes smiles. I give her a hug and tell them that I will sleep now because I have work tomorrow. '' Okay love, but your Aunt and I will make some dolma for you so you can bring it to work tomorrow. Night. '' My mom says and I nod, before I leave I take a look at Aunt Rima who still looks shocked. I chuckle and walk out.

I walk into my messy room, '' Ugh, why do I never clean my room? '' I say and start to clean my room. I put all the clothes on the floor in my wardrobe and put some of them in the laundry. I hear my phone pining. I take up my phone and see that Matthew has texted me.