Bruises

Nawal

Flashback

He took by my shirt and pushed me to the bed, he pulls up a gun and points at me. I widen my eyes and my jaw dropped. I didn't know what was going on, what's happening? Leila tried to push the gun from his hand but he pushed her to the floor. '' YOU LITTLE WHORE! I KNOW WHAT YOU BEEN DOING THESE MONTHS YOU LITTLE BITCH! '' He shouted as I was shaking of fear, '' I KNOW YOU'VE BEEN HOEING AROUND WITH YOUR BOSS! '' He shouts again. 

This time my heart dropped, my stomach was exploding of nervosity. My head was pounding as I gulp.  '' Does he pay you for this? How much do you get?! 5 dollars? 9 dollars? Don't you have any respect?! '' He shouts making me flinch.

'' What happened to the Nawal I knew? The one who was smart and always stood up for herself, she never let anybody disrespect her and nor did she let anyone disrespect her religion and family. '' His voice weakened, he was still holding the gun at me. 

'' Sejad- '' I tried to explain but he interrupted me. '' Tell me the truth Nawal, what have you been doing with that guys, tell me or make you bleed in front of your friend?. '' He points at Leila who sit in the floor with tears storming down her cheeks. I look at him carefully and took some deep breaths. I was quiet for a few seconds, I stoop up from the bed.

'' I've fallen in love with my boss. I love Matthew. We've been dating for a few weeks. I love him, I love him Sejad. I will never love someone as I love Matthew. '' I look deeply into his eyes.

His expression turned from a serious to an expression I've never seen. An expression that shows that he will kill everyone tonight. He slaps my cheek really hard making me fall to the floor, he spits on me as he kicks me. 

'' SEJAD STOP! '' I hear Leila shout. I scream, '' I will show you love, I will show you who you will love! '' He says as he punches me and pulls me up by dragging my hair. 

He takes up his phone and dials a number, I look at him confused. 

'' Afif, my brother how are you? '' He asks while looking at me. '' Alhamdullilah, meet me tomorrow at my place. '' A smile appeared in his face, 

'' Wallah Afif I just think It's time for you to get married, don't you agree? '' He smirked at me. 

End Of Flashback

I woke with pain all over my body, when I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror I saw that my lips are still bleeding from the slaps I got from Sejad and I've gotten many bruises all over my body. Tears are still running from my eyes, my heart is still beating and I'm still shocked. I'm forced to marry my brother's friend, I'm forced to marry a guy I'm not in love with and will never fall in love with. I can't say against my bother anymore, he would tell my father about me and Matthew or even kill Matthew. Matthew, the man I love and will always love... The man I imagined to spend my life with. 

Flashback

'' I'm scared to lose you Nawal. '' He gives me a sad smirk, I threw myself at him. 

'' Matthew! what are you saying?! You will never lose me! '' I shout and place my head beside his neck. I feel him smiling.