Heartbeat

Nawal

We sit in the car silently, then I hear him laugh. I turn around to look at him and narrow my eyes at him. '' What?! '' I ask in frustration. '' I'm sorry I still have the image in my head. '' He says and chuckles. '' Should slap your head then? '' I ask him with my hand in the air. '' No, No, No It's fine. '' He chuckles and I give him a disgusted look.

'' Can you start driving then? '' I ask him crossing my arms, '' I could but where will we go with you wearing my shoes? '' He winks at me. Right... Should I go home and bring my other shoes? No! My parents will see me with Matthew, but where will we go then? '' Your right... Then I'll give you back your shoes and you can go back, I'll take the bus. '' I tell him while I look down at my hands. '' Are you dumb? How could I let you take the bus all alone in this darkness? '' He says, I look up at him. '' Thought so. I'd kill you if you did. '' I say and he chuckles.

'' Then what should we do? '' I ask him, '' I know, I could drive to your village and your friend will pick you up. Does that sound good? '' He asks, I smile at him. '' Omg you're so smart! '' I clap my hands and he chuckles. '' I mean, why do you think every girl begs for me? '' He says and winks. '' Euw nevermind. '' I say and he shakes his head while smiling.

Matthew

'' But Nawal why did you want to eat Mcdonalds? '' I ask her while I look at the driveway. I get no answer, '' Nawal? '' Still no answer. I turn around and see that she's sleeping, I feel my heartbeat faster than ever. What's happening to me? Why am I acting like this? This has never happened to me. Never have I ever felt my heart beating so fast. Only when I look at Nawal or when I laugh with her I feel my heart beating... What if I really like Nawal...

But that doesn't make any sense. How could I like a Muslim, a Muslim that I just met a few weeks ago? I could have any women I want in this world, so how could I fall for a Muslim?

When I arrive at Nawal's village I see her two friends waiting for us, I pull over and I see them walking to the car. I get off the car and they walk towards me.

'' Where's Nawal? '' The girl who's named Saja asked. '' She's sleeping in the car, she got tired. She didn't sleep last night. '' I tell them and her other friend whos named Leila nodded, '' Thank you so much for bringing her home, '' She says, '' Of course, oh right her heel broke from when she jumped of excitement, so she's wearing my shoes right now. '' I say and they immediately looked down at my feet and saw that I was only wearing socks. They started chuckling, '' That's so sweet of you. Then let's go wake her up. '' Leila says and walks towards the car.

She opens the car door and tries to wake Nawal up, '' Nawal Ga3idi Habibiti ( Wake up my love) '' She says something on her language. She pets her cheek and shakes her body carefully. '' She's a stone when she's sleeping. '' Saja says and I laugh. '' Looks like it. '' I smile.

Then she opens her eyes slowly, she looks at Leila confused. '' Leila, you're here. '' She says softly and Leila smiles. '' But where's Matthew? '' She asks and Leila looks at me.

'' I'm here Nawal. '' I smile, she looks at me for a second and smiles. Her smile is adorable, like a baby's smile. '' You're here too, good. '' She says and I smile. Leila tries to help her get off the car carefully. When she finally gets off of the car she looks at me. '' Thank you for today boss, you made my day. '' She says. A big smile appears on my face, fuck It's happening again. My heart is beating fast.

'' No problem, Nawal. '' I say, she takes off my shoes and leads them to me. '' Thank you again. '' She says and takes them from her. I nod, '' Then I'll see you tomorrow? '' She says softly. '' Of course, go home and rest now. '' I tell her and smiles at me before she walks away with her hand around her friend's shoulder.

I turn around and see them all walking towards their home. When they've disappeared from my sight I get back in my car. Before I start the car I take a moment to think everything clear. I think about Nawal, do I like her? Do I?

Nawal

'' Mama, I'm home. '' I say, I walk into the kitchen and see the whole family sitting there. Something is wrong, they look depressed. '' What's wrong? '' I ask them and they look at me, I see my mom tearing and my dad looks really tired. '' Daughter... You're home. '' My dad says emotionally.

'' What's wrong? '' I ask them, they don't answer. '' Tell me, What's wrong? '' I ask them again. My mom looks at my father who looks down. '' My daughter, your older brother owns people money. If we don't pay them back... something will happen to us. '' He explains and I look at him shocked.

I'm going to kill that jerk! Ughhh! I'm going to kill Sejad! Yes, I have two brothers. I haven't mentioned it to many people about me having two brothers because I haven't seen him for a few years. Sejad is a dangerous guy, he's a leader of some gang. So he's criminal. My father threw him out of our house because he always brings trouble to the family. I love Sejad, I'm not going to lie. He always cared for me and Mohsin, whenever I needed something he would always be there for me. But when he left I've never seen him or even contacted him. I miss him but It's better this way.

'' Mohsin could be in trouble. '' He continues. '' Why can't Sejad pay the money back? '' I ask them, '' Because they can't find him. '' Mom says. Ughhh, I wish could beat him to death. '' So how much does he owe them? '' I ask them and they become silent. '' Hello? Am I talking to a wall? '' I say frustrated.

'' 900 000 dollars.''

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A new short chapter, what did you think?

Comment & Vote!

Love ya!! x