Don't Get Involved In This!

Nawal

I look at the time, 6:03. I get up from my bed to get ready for work. I walk into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, I look pale and my eyes are all red from crying all night. Where will we get 900.000 dollars from? How will we pay back the money? I wash my face with cold water to wake myself up. I do my business and get out of the toilet to change my clothes. 

I stopped thinking about the problem, now all I can think about Matthew. When I was with him yesterday I felt my heart beating faster than ever. I've never felt this way, never. Why did It suddenly happen? It was an amazing feeling, but It was a strange feeling. Do I have a heart problem? 

I sit on the bus with Matthew on my mind, why am I thinking of him so much? Ughh It's frustrating me, I shake my head to get him off my mind but It doesn't work. 

* Phone Call From Mama *

'' Alo Mama ( Hello Mom ) '' I answer the call with a smile on my face. 

'' Habibti, the people who Sejad owe walked into your father's store and destroyed the store. '' She says breathlessly from crying. 

'' What?! '' I shout, everyone looks at me.

'' Yes Habibti, don't worry your father isn't hurt. '' She sobbed. 

'' I'm coming back home! '' I say, 

'' No Galbi (my heart), stay at work. Don't worry. '' She says,

'' But mo- ''

'' You must know that your father and I are very proud of you, we love you. '' She says and hung up. 

I feel tears flooding from my eyes,  Why is this happening to my family. Ya Allah, please help us.

Matthew

'' Yes, exactly. A little longer. '' Ryan talks to the designer on the phone while I listen to their conversation. Knock Knock, we hear some knocks and then we see Loren coming in.

'' Good morning guys! '' She says with a big smile on her face, I see Ryan looking at her like he has hearts in his eyes. '' Good morning Loren, '' I say with a smile on my face. '' Ryan can I talk with you for a second? '' She asks him and he nods, '' I'll be right back. '' He says and walks out of my office. 

A few minutes later of being in my office doing some work I hear someone open the door, I look up and see Nawal walking into my office looking down with my coffee. '' Good morning. '' She says walking towards me, She's being strange today. Why doesn't she look up? I take the coffee from her. '' Then if that was everything, I'll take my leave. '' She says and tries to walk away, '' Stop, '' I order her and she stands still.

'' Why won't you look at me? '' I ask her, she continues to look down. '' Look at me. '' I order her, but she doesn't do it. '' Look up! '' I almost shout. She finally looks up, I look at her pale face and her eyes. She has been crying. Her eyes are red.

'' What happened? Tell me now. '' I say, Tears began to flood down from her eyes. She places her hands on her face, I don't know what to do. I take some steps closer to her. I take her hands from her face. '' Tell me. '' I say again and she cries harder, she hugs my waist really hard. Oh shit, what the fuck Is happening.

'' Matthew, my family is in danger. '' She cries on my chest. What does she mean, what does she mean in danger? '' Nawal, what do you mean? '' I ask her confused, '' My oldest brother... He owes people money that we can't afford. My brother is missing and they force us to pay us back or- '' 

'' Shusssh... you don't have to continue you. Just tell me how much he owes them. '' I tell her. '' Matthew, It's really much. We can't pay back the money! It's really much! '' She cries all her tears out while she talks. '' Nawal, tell me. '' I say again. '' 900 000 dollars. '' She sobbed. 900 000 dollars?! What did he even do what that money? I hug Nawal back tightly. '' Matthew, what should I do? '' She says looking up at me. 

'' Don't worry Nawal. I'll help you. '' I tell her and she pulls away. '' You what? '' She looks at me shocked. '' I'll pay back the money for you. '' I smile. '' Shut up! You're not doing anything! Do you understand?! '' She yells at me. '' You can't change my mind. '' I tell her.

'' Matthew! What's wrong with you?! Don't get involved in this! If you do I'll quit work! ''

Nawal

'' Matthew! What's wrong with you?! Don't get involved in this! If you do I'll quit work! '' I shout, he looks at me confused. I didn't know if I meant it or not, I love this job. I've got to know new people and I've had the best days here, so how can I quit? But I don't want him to get involved, I'm scared that he'll maybe... get hurt. '' Nawal, I'll back the money and you're not going anywhere. '' He says softly.

'' Why do you always do this! Matthew if you get involved It gets worse than it already is! '' I shout at him and he looks at me with a straight face. '' How can I let you and your family be in danger! How?! '' He's voice got louder. 

'' Why do you even care? I'm not anything to you. '' I say looking at his eyes. He takes a deep breath before opening his mouth. '' You're right, you're not anything to me. Why do I even care? '' He mutters and turns around to his seat.

I look at him while not saying anything. '' But there's something that makes me care about you, something that wants me to get close to you, something that makes me think about you a lot. '' He continues. I look at him confused, '' What do you mean? '' I ask him, '' I think- ''

'' Matthew!! '' We hear two familiar voices say. I turn around and see Ryan holding hands with Loren. '' Oh hey Nawal! '' Loren smiles, I'm not in the mood for smiling so I give her a fake smile. '' We wanted to tell you something. '' Ryan says excitedly, '' What is it? '' Matthew mutters.

'' We're dating! '' Loren says and hugs Ryan. I smile and clap my hands when I hear the good news, '' Congratulations! '' I say and hug Loren.  Matthew hugs Ryan and Loren. '' Congratulations! '' Matthew claps Ryan's back. '' Thank you. '' Loren says.

'' So we wanted to celebrate it, so should we meet up tomorrow in Matthew's house? '' Ryan asks, '' Yeah that's a great idea! '' Loren says and looks at me. I look at Matthew who's looking at me, '' I'll see if I have time. I would love to meet you but there's something I gotta fix. '' I say and smile at them.

''  Nawallllll? '' Loren shakes my body, '' I swear I'll try my best. '' I say and they nod. I look at Matthew who looks really angry.

Ugghhh, why did I even tell him about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------

A new chapter, what did you think?

Comment and Vote!

Love yaa ❤