Even Angels Die.

Matthew

'' Okay, fine. I'm calling my mother now. '' Nawal says annoyed, I grin at her as she rolls her eyes. She takes up her phone from her bag and calls her mother. A few seconds later she picks up, '' Alo Mama, I just got out of the hospital. '' She says as she looks down on the table. '' Oh, good because Matthew and I were thinking to come over now. '' She looks up at me as she sticks her tongue at me playfully. I chuckle, I can't believe I'm going to spend my life with this cupcake. '' Good, we'll be there soon, love you. '' She says before she hangs up. She sighs, '' Happy? Now let me finish my noodles. '' She says as she slurps her noddles, I look at her carefully. '' Yes, very happy. Now finish your noddles. '' I grin.

I look at how she eats her noddles, she really loves them. She eats them so roughly, a chuckle escapes my mouth. She looks up at me, '' What? '' She furrows her eyebrows. I shake my head, '' I just wish you could eat my mouth like that. '' I say playfully. She accidentally spits out her noddles, I laugh as I wipe her face. '' Ewwww, now you made me lose my appetite. '' She slaps my arm. I kiss her forehead gently, '' I'm sorry baby. '' I smile at her. '' Forget it, let's go now. '' She smiles back as she takes me by my wrist and we walk towards the parking lot.

Nawal

We take deep breathes before we walk into my house, I look at Matthew who's already sweating. I slap his arm, '' What? '' He jumps. I laugh, '' What's wrong with you, we haven't even walked in yet. '' I laugh. He looks down at me nervously, '' Your right, I should breathe. '' He says as I shake my head. '' Let's walk in already. '' I drag him into the house. I see my come into the hallway from the living room, '' You're here. '' She grins and looks at Matthew. '' Yes, we're here. '' I say. Matthew takes some steps closer to my mom, '' Hello auntie. '' He says nervously. My mother laughs, '' Don't be nervous, I don't kill. '' She says and we laugh with her. She points at the living room, '' It's the man in there who kills. '' She winks at us. I didn't know if she was joking or not, but all I knew was that she made the situation worse. Matthew looks at me as I look back.

'' Okay then, let's walk in. Your father is waiting for you. '' She says as she walks into the living room, as soon as we get in we see my father sitting on one of the couches. He looks up at us, '' You're here. '' He says. Matthew and my dad greet each other and my father offers Matthew a seat. My father looks at me, '' Are you feeling much better Nawal? '' He asks me, I nod. '' Yes Baba, much better. '' I smile. '' Good. '' He says. '' Just so you now, Sejad escaped, he's still out there. The police failed to catch him, but they are still looking for him. '' He looks at me and Matthew. I look at Matthew who looks straight into my dad's eyes. Matthew nods carefully, '' Oh... '' Matthew sighs.

'' Now let us focus on you, I want you to tell the whole truth. How you met and what happened. '' My dad says with a serious tone. Matthew and I look at each other at first, but then we told them everything. Okay, not everything. I can't tell them that we kissed and that I slept on his bed, I mean my dad would've killed us right away. But we told them almost everything, I told them about how we met, and Matthew told them the rest. He told them about how he fell in love with me, and that he paid off the debt.

My mom's and dad's expressions looked very funny, they were so shocked. They just couldn't believe their ears. They looked at each other for a second, '' So you were the one who paid off the debt? You were the one who paid off the 900.000 dollars? '' My mom asks Matthew confusedly. Matthew shakes his head carefully before he speaks. '' Yes, I didn't tell anyone about it but my assistant. I knew that Nawal would've got angry, that's why I kept it a secret. But everyone found out in the end. '' He says nervously. I see my dad shaking his head carefully. '' And that was all because of Nawal? '' My dad asks Matthew as Matthew looks at me.